Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Leach trashes Salave'a and other comments from the P12 Network signing day special...

Skimmed through the 3 hours and thought the most interesting comment which didn't seem to get mentioned anywhere was when Leach was asked about losing Grinch with the amount of pressure their DL got last year. He said you really have to look at the position coaches, and that the previous year they got almost no pressure and then they brought in Jeff Phelps and the next year they were able to get a lot more pressure.

Other general comments...
Cal ranked too high, but have to give them props for the OL recruiting...
ASU...brought in 4 lightly regarded RBs. 4. I think somebody needs to remind Edwards that you can't cut college kids in preseason camp like you do in the pros...
Arizona...hadn't seen many interviews with Sumlin but he actually came across pretty well. Expected something a bit different with all the rumors of his drinking down here (example...https://boxden.com/showthread.php?t=2274632)...
UCLA...Chip Kelly still hates the press. Have to give him props for that.
USC...I'm so glad they gave Helton an extension. FS...
OSU...poor Jonathan Smith. Seems in way over his head for the building project needed there.
Ducks...Cristobal comes off as a pretty good salesman...thank god for his "coaching"...
Stanford, Utah, and Colorado...meh.

Comments

• Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    He attributed a change in production in a position group to the new position coach. Pretty standard. Hopefully Coach Joe is okay.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Yeah, but Leach didn't just say Phelps got a lot out of his group...he specifically called out the previous year in not getting production. Maybe he was mad about Salave'a leaving but he was way more specific than what I would have expected in calling out a coaching comparison/improvement with the DL.

Just thought it was interesting...
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Yeah, but Leach didn't just say Phelps got a lot out of his group...he specifically called out the previous year in not getting production. Maybe he was mad about Salave'a leaving but he was way more specific than what I would have expected in calling out a coaching comparison/improvement with the DL.

Just thought it was interesting...

Wait and see what Leach says about Maestro in '19 after one of the Coug backs rush for over 500 yards next Season.