Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Pete quote about recruiting

Coach Pete was on with Brock and Salk this morning and it's clear that he gets it now when it comes to recruiting.
This is an abbreviated quote of what he said about recruiting:
"This thing never stops, it's 247. We're already on to the juniors and sophomores. If you don't completely embrace it, love it, and understand that it's the most important thing that we do then you need to get a different job. It has totally changed over the years. When I started college football, I didn't have the same mindset about recruiting as I do now. I've grown to really, it's maybe hard for me to say I love it, but I certainly embrace it. And I know it's as important as anything we do, we spend as much time on it as anything we do."

We've already known from the staff changes that he is taking it seriously but it's even more encouraging to hear him essentially admit he's had to step it up. Here's a link to the full interview, starts around the 20 minute mark
http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10027525&sid=1007&n=Brock+and+Salk

Comments