Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

eh, asu may be in a bit more trouble than we thought...

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sark finished dead last in PAC-12 recruiting his first year. In 2009 he recruited two players from the state of WA. Desmond Trufant and Andru Pulu.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

Sark finished dead last in PAC-12 recruiting his first year. In 2009 he recruited two players from the state of WA. Desmond Trufant and Andru Pulu.

A Very Cristoballian class.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If beating our DAWGS meant ASU didn't suck then ASU wouldn't suck.

However. ...

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AZDuck said:

I think I'm going to get a ton of mileage from this shitty gif

gif?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

They whiffed on the top ten in state prospects. That is continuing a poor trend started by his predecessor. Not even Sark did that and he DNGAF about Washington State. After Croswell and Robertson this class will have to rely on evaluation and development. No one knows if Herm is good at either. Anyone know how his draft history in the NFL was? Did he whiff more than he hit? Might be a good indicator of his eval skills although when you are in the 30-40 rank in recruiting range you need to long term project prospects as well. Who knows? I'm so glad he's in our conference.
    Herms transition class > petermans transition class

Herms > Peterman

Case closed
    End of discussion

But let's be real. Herm isn't evaluating shit. Isn't calling plays either. He's there to be the hype man. It's glorious.
    Disagree.
    You or I can bump this in three years.
    Budda
    Sydney MF Jones
    Greg Gaines
    Jo Jo Mac
    Dissley Dwag
    Keleb Mcgary

Thats six first or second team All Pac performers in a TRANSITION class. EVALUATION is key. We? do it better than most.

Not sure but Virta may have been a late addition in that class as well. Don't twist if not.
    Vea was part of that class.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dnc said:

They whiffed on the top ten in state prospects. That is continuing a poor trend started by his predecessor. Not even Sark did that and he DNGAF about Washington State. After Croswell and Robertson this class will have to rely on evaluation and development. No one knows if Herm is good at either. Anyone know how his draft history in the NFL was? Did he whiff more than he hit? Might be a good indicator of his eval skills although when you are in the 30-40 rank in recruiting range you need to long term project prospects as well. Who knows? I'm so glad he's in our conference.

Herms > Peterman

Case closed
    End of discussion

But let's be real. Herm isn't evaluating shit. Isn't calling plays either. He's there to be the hype man. It's glorious.
    Disagree.
    Budda
    Sydney MF Jones
    Greg Gaines
    Jo Jo Mac
    Dissley Dwag
    Keleb Mcgary

Thats six first or second team All Pac performers in a TRANSITION class. EVALUATION is key. We? do it better than most.

Not sure but Virta may have been a late addition in that class as well. Don't twist if not.
    Then that was one of the best non-Bruce Wayne transition classes ever. I checked and I left out Jaylen Johnson and Dante Pettis. Gardenhire was decent before the weed and Bowman is in the depth. With Vita that is nine high level starters and one depth/rotation guy. That class was ranked 38. Let that sink in. What will Pete do with a class ranked in the top ten? Holy fuck all.
    Play try hard white qbs
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm liking Race and DNC on the last two.

Which means I'm now dead to DDY.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Herm doesn't like okgs
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    edited February 2018

dnc said:

Herms > Peterman

Case closed
    End of discussion

Disagree.
    Budda
    Sydney MF Jones
    Greg Gaines
    Jo Jo Mac
    Dissley Dwag
    Keleb Mcgary

Then that was one of the best non-Bruce Wayne transition classes ever. I checked and I left out Jaylen Johnson and Dante Pettis. Gardenhire was decent before the weed and Bowman is in the depth. With Vita that is nine high level starters and one depth/rotation guy. That class was ranked 38. Let that sink in. What will Pete do with a class ranked in the top ten? Holy fuck all.
    I just got a boner.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

dnc said:

Herms > Peterman

Case closed
    End of discussion

Disagree.
    Budda
    Sydney MF Jones
    Greg Gaines
    Jo Jo Mac
    Dissley Dwag
    Keleb Mcgary

I just got a boner.
    Just got a boner from another daWg getting a boner.
  • BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711

dnc said:

dnc said:

Herms > Peterman

Case closed
    End of discussion

Disagree.
    Budda
    Sydney MF Jones
    Greg Gaines
    Jo Jo Mac
    Dissley Dwag
    Keleb Mcgary

The danger here is set expectations around an outlier. Pete's a great evaluator and developer of talent but he's not THAT good. It's like Seahawks fans thinking Schneider's 2011 and 2012 drafts were going to be normative.

I think Pete will do great with this class. I doubt he'll get as many overachievers as he did in his transition class though.
    There is some psychology in play here. I don't want to trigger Dennis but a lower rated guy with a chip on his shoulder might just do more to get better than the guy who has been told all his life that he is a special super star. Like a typical Trojan commit :)

That's where coaching comes in. A great one will take that 5 star and get him to improve the way an 18 year old should. Like Saban

And hopefully Pete

Not just coaching but culture. A 5* guy who has been told all his life he's special goes to places with shitty and soft cultures like UCLA and he turns into a talented 5* pussy. They know they can just coast on their status.

If a guy would try do this at Bama, Saban sends him to a shit Community College, then, some shitty FCS Alabama school. So he gets in line, works and turns into a 1st rounder. While a guy at UCLA would coast, get fat and go on the 7th round based on potential only.
  • NEPTUNENEPTUNE Member Posts: 151
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper

NEPTUNE said:

NEPTUNE said:

Hermy coaching ASU has the potential to be the most interesting aspect of the 2018 PAC season. The post game interviews, how he'll relate to today's teenagers, and just his overall cluelessnes. I got hi hopes.

I just want you all to understand...

What does @CokeGreaterThanPepsi think of this?
    Pepsi wins.