Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cristoballin's Twatter

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJ and Sewell pisses me off.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited February 2018
    we? got punked by SC for Devon Williams and Elijah Winston, also didn't get any of the "reach" targets for the day, especially Ossai (WTF Football Gods?) Winston was not a surprise, Williams was.

So we? went for two backup plans, low 3-star WR and CB kids (the CB hasn't committed yet, but will). Teagan Quitoriano isn't sending in his LOI for now, some rape-related high-jinks on the Sprague hoops team, so you know it's just a matter of tim.

Best Oregon prospect year that I can remember, and out of 10 3-stars on the 247 composite:

Oregon: 1 signed/1 awaiting disposition of charges
    Oregon State: 3 signed
    Penn (no Pedo): 1 signed
    Nevada: 1 signed
    UNLV: 1 signed
    Oregon State Prison: 1 awaiting trial @Marco_Brewer

Out of 7 four-star or better:

USC: 2 signed
    UCLA: 1 signed
    Notre Dame: 1 signed
    Oregon: 1 signed
    Warshington: 2 signed

Not a stellar in-state performance. Of course, circumstances kind of bit us in the proverbial tailfeathers this year.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Justin Hopkins is going to lose so many subscribers. All his inside info was dead wrong, as usual. Dumbass.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Devon Williams is the one that hurt
  • Options

Justin Hopkins is going to lose so many subscribers. All his inside info was dead wrong, as usual. Dumbass.

Not really, he called Winston a couple of days ago and Williams at 7:30 this morning. He was more sanguine than he should be on some guys, because most of his sources are in the recruiting staff. He gets more dish from inside the Cas Center than anyone else, but his links outside the building aren't great.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

we? got punked by SC for Devon Williams and Elijah Winston, also didn't get any of the "reach" targets for the day, especially Ossai (WTF Football Gods?) Winston was not a surprise, Williams was.

So we? went for two backup plans, low 3-star WR and CB kids (the CB hasn't committed yet, but will). Teagan Quitoriano isn't sending in his LOI for now, some rape-related high-jinks on the Sprague hoops team, so you know it's just a matter of tim.

Best Oregon prospect year that I can remember, and out of 10 3-stars on the 247 composite:

Warshington: 1 signed

Not a stellar in-state performance. Of course, circumstances kind of bit us in the proverbial tailfeathers this year.

Wait did one of Draco Bynum or Trey Lowe die? Pretty sure we got 2 4 Stars our of Oregon ya bitch.
    lighten up, Francis

Nobody cares about Trey Lowe
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    BallzDeep said:

Penis Swell would be their only UW level talent on the line scrimmage that they get. The rest of their O-lineman are trash and their D-line class is nonexistent.

Oh man. On a more rational tone, I thought you said you liked the Lake Oswego kid.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Cuban Sark? 247 is fucked, you're out of order, I'm out of order, the whole system is out of order! Looked at Oregon's class, just a few spots below us. Got ONE defensive lineman (maybe one of the ATHs could turn into a DE type, but that would make it just two). Their OL group is a bunch of the kind of fat fucks that USC signs all the time that don't turn into shit. If the kid is 340+ in fucking HIGH SCHOOL, odds are he's a piece'shit. Matteo Mele is ranked #400; I wouldn't trade him for their entire OL group. He's easily twice the recruit that Sewell is.

And then it's basically a bunch of safeties, corners and WRs. Classic Sark. I do like the WR/DBs and the LBs seem fine, but that's about it. How are they just three spots below us when we signed two QBs better than their QB, two WRs better than their best WR, three DBs better than their best DB, etc.?

Get ready for more Boise style reamings. Ya know, unless Herbert is healthy.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RealRhino said:

Cuban Sark? 247 is fucked, you're out of order, I'm out of order, the whole system is out of order! Looked at Oregon's class, just a few spots below us. Got ONE defensive lineman (maybe one of the ATHs could turn into a DE type, but that would make it just two). Their OL group is a bunch of the kind of fat fucks that USC signs all the time that don't turn into shit. If the kid is 340+ in fucking HIGH SCHOOL, odds are he's a piece'shit. Matteo Mele is ranked #400; I wouldn't trade him for their entire OL group. He's easily twice the recruit that Sewell is.

And then it's basically a bunch of safeties, corners and WRs. Classic Sark. I do like the WR/DBs and the LBs seem fine, but that's about it. How are they just three spots below us when we signed two QBs better than their QB, two WRs better than their best WR, three DBs better than their best DB, etc.?

So do you think MJ Ale is trash because he is like 350?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    RealRhino said:

Whoosh? Studying for the bar again? What's up?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

Warshington: 2 signed

I've heard that Jalen Hall kid is a head case and had a seriously shitty senior season. Biggins said he was essentially dropped by everyone but Oregon
  • Options
    DarnoldPalmerDarnoldPalmer Member Posts: 59
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2018
    Cristobal = Serial Masturbator. Trolls these boreds all the time. #GiveUsYourBlackPeople
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Ale is shredded compared to Oregon's guys

• Options
    Re MJ Ale, I don't think he's trash. My point was that *in general*, guys that big (particularly in today's game with faster paces that rely more on movement) can't be counted on to be very good.

And when I say that, I mean it literally. Very good. Say the range is something like trash-decent-very good-elite. In the last 10 years there have been maybe 3-4 guys that showed up at the combine weighing 340 or more that were very good. Now, maybe these guys can get down to 330, which is a larger group (say, 15 guys over the past 15 years in all of college football). But the ceiling for most of these guys is, "decent college player."
  • Options
    I actually like their QB, though. Better than I expected him to be. Release is a little slow, but in general his mechanics are clean and he's more athletic than he looks at first glance.
  • Options
    RealRhino said:

DPOTW! (and that's saying something, and @BallzDeep is still poasting here)

Steven Jones 6' 5"/340 is a fucking beast and UW offered

Dawson Jaramillo 6' 5"/295 supposedly did really well at one of those all-star games, I'm not super hyped on this kid but he seems alright

Chris Randazzo is 6' 7"/325. That's almost svelte on that frame. Kid's only 17.

Justin Johnson is another 6' 7"/355 kid with offers from Wisconsin and Michigan State. You know, schools that have good line play.

And, oh yeah, Penei Sewell. Just the #2 fucking OL in the country per 247. He sucks.

If the new steampunk strength coach is as advertised we're going to have a very different style than what you're used to seeing. Much more physical. This is a fantastic OL class. That's not the weakness here.

Only one DE kinda sucks, but we did add DJ Johnson who is eligible to play this fall, Faoliu has good bloodlines and is Poly. If we had gotten Ossai I would still be masturbating wildly. It just felt so right.

And corner is the weakness of the class. We had to take a flyer on the Lion of Judah's great-grandkid because of the late decommits. WR we're good, but losing Devon Williams after the dude was basically acting like a commit and hanging out in the Oregon commits chat for over a year was a shot to the nuts. The other big weakness is at RB. You'd think we would have been able to get a bigger,more physical RB commit - but we got the little shifty scat-back types that may be great or may turn into slot WRs.

Measurables on the class look good - everyone's over 6' except for the scatbacks and one CB.

It's a very good class. Disappointing when one considers that we were looking at a top 5 class two months ago, but better than anyone outside of Florida that had a coaching change. And our old guy, who is probably the best recruiter in CFB, went to one of the Florida schools.

In conclusion,

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ^^^^^

"If the new steampunk strength coach is as advertised we're going to have a very different style than what you're used to seeing. Much more physical. This is a fantastic OL class. That's not the weakness here."

@Mosster47 POTD!!!!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    salemcoog said:

^^^^^

"If the new steampunk strength coach is as advertised we're going to have a very different style than what you're used to seeing. Much more physical. This is a fantastic OL class. That's not the weakness here."

@Mosster47 POTD!!!!

I know you're being sarcastic, but Mosster is a Katz fan