Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When can we legitimately doog for the bball team

13»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

I hope he gives up the battle of hair loss and ditches the hair sooner rather than later

I dealt with that battle a few years back. The difference between a balding guy that keeps his hair super short and a balding guy trying to keep the hair grown out is mind blowing.
    Nothing worse than a horse shoe. You gotta go bald and accessorize. Get a gold chain and a nice watch and you can be a cool bald guy.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

If you’re worried about Hopkins going back to Syracuse, you’re a doog. Boeheim isn’t leaving until his son is gone anyways.

If Hopkins wins at UW, other schools than Syracuse will want him. That’s the way it works.

If Hopkins continues this path then UW won’t let him go. They would do everything possible to keep him.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I know jack and shit about college basketball so forgive my ignorance, but do our Syracuse visitors have any insight as to if Hop has NBA aspirations?
  • ShenexonShenexon Member Posts: 63
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I know jack and shit about college basketball so forgive my ignorance, but do our Syracuse visitors have any insight as to if Hop has NBA aspirations?

None at all that I know of. He was a coach with the Olympic team a couple of times and knows a lot of the players, but think he's a college coach at heart. His intensity and passion seem geared for college kids so I think the NBA is a distant option.
  • 44PRIDE44PRIDE Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    Tend to agree with Shenexon. Hop likes the college game. He enjoys coaching and recruiting college players. All those recruiting relationships he's cultivated over 20 years would instantly go out the window. Additionally, the 2-3 zone doesn't translate well to the NBA game. He may eventually get offers. But I'd be shocked if he made the jump.

As a side note, Boeheim had offers from NBA teams in the late 80's, early 90's (NJ Nets and someone else)....but never made the jump.