Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So where does this class rank all-time at UW?

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club

So where does this class rank all-time at UW? 45 votes

Top 1-2
37%
SwayeExtraChrisBchuckNeGgaPlEaSeSarkinghamDooglesFenderbender123FremontTrolljarlsbergraygunQuietcowskeeNEsnake12AIRWOLFIce_HolmvikEdwin_Bambinojhfstyle24TheDawgFan1227TheDozer 17 votes
Top 3-5
26%
dncMisterEmdrogginsbiak1BayDawgMrsPetersenpurpledoogfanGreenRiverGatorzFrenchHuskyRubberfistDarnoldPalmerUW_Doog_Bot 12 votes
Top 5-9
0%
Worthless because Martin didn't commit. FML.
35%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonLoneStarDawgDennis_DeYoungUWhuskytskeetGladstoneTheHBPurpleReigninsinceredawgNeighbor2972NorwegianHuskyImHuskyYouFatRealRhinoPDXDAWGenthusiastDeepDawgRDR 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sark would have gotten Martin, everyone says so
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    Top 3-5
    Fuck me I voted before reading all the options. Should be worthless
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Top 3-5
    I'd probably put it at #3 but with this staff's ability to develop talent it has a real shot at the top.

It really depends on a) will one of the QB's become stars b) what do they do with BUCK and does it work (Kaho? ZTP? Bueller?).

It's a damn good class.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Top 1-2
    dnc said:

I'd probably put it at #3 but with this staff's ability to develop talent it has a real shot at the top.

It really depends on a) will one of the QB's become stars b) what do they do with BUCK and does it work (Kaho? ZTP? Bueller?).

It's a damn good class.

#3?

I would be interested to hear which ones you think looked better at the time they were signed.

Maybe 1991 and 1988? Very difficult to compare historically going that far back.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Top 3-5
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

It's a damn good class.

#3?

I would be interested to hear which ones you think looked better at the time they were signed.

Maybe 1991 and 1988? Very difficult to compare historically going that far back.
    91 for sure.

92 would be close.

88 I'm too young to have an opinion about it at the time.

2001 looked amazing at the time.

I'd probably go 91, 01, 18, 92 for what I can recall. I can't imagine 88 was a legit top 10 class on paper because of where the program was at at that point. Obviously they proved to be elite. Thanks Dr Feeldgood!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    No, 1988 was rated VERY similarly to this class. People liked it a lot at the time. It was considered a real breakthrough.

It was ranking around 10-12.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Top 1-2
    dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

It's a damn good class.

#3?

91 for sure.

92 would be close.

88 I'm too young to have an opinion about it at the time.

2001 looked amazing at the time.

I'd probably go 91, 01, 18, 92 for what I can recall. I can't imagine 88 was a legit top 10 class on paper because of where the program was at at that point. Obviously they proved to be elite. Thanks Dr Feeldgood!
    Yeah, 1991 was awesome. You are right that 1988 was full of great players but was probably not highly ranked at the time.

Back then you had Allen Wallace, Tom Lemming, and Street & Smith for class rankings, as well as the Long Beach Press Telegram's Best in the West. Sadly there aren't any archives that I could find on any of those with historical rankings.

I just re-read that last paragraph and I want to kill myself for being such a loser.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,086
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,300
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did I miss the hanging?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Top 3-5
    Our depth at one of the most important D positions that everyone has harped on went from no depth to loaded(albeit untested) in a class. Same goes for qb if you count Easy. As much as I would have loved Martin thats basically because all the other questions have been answered.
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Top 3-5
    Pre Scout/247/Rivals I know Neuheisel landed some highly rated classes while wooing recruits with a float plane and obviously James had things rolling late 80's and early 90's. But in my lifetime this is probably the best class top to bottom that I can remember.

I'll go with "top 3-5" but "worthless because Martin didn't commit. FML." was very appealing due to the fact our best edge rusher is still a six foot white try hard walk-on.