Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jeremiah Martin, 2018 4* BUCK, San Bernardino (Cajon), CA (OFFERED 9/27)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018

BallzDeep said:

Watching his commitment video made it obvious he's way too black for Coach K to close. We should have known this was gonna happen as so as Jimmy Lake started trying to assist Coach K on Twitter and get Husky fans to show Martin love. Lowkey Lake literally asked fans to tweet at a recruit which is against NCAA rules.

Coach K and Bob Gregory probably don’t know what a Foamposite shoe is. If you are trying to recruit black kids and don’t know what a foamposite is your definitely not gonna connect with them enough to get them.

Coach K can stay but Gregory isn’t valuable enough as purely a coach, we need a young black coach in his role that can connect better with players like Jeremiah Martin.

For all you honkeys a foamposite is a type of Nike sneaker.

Never rocked the foamposites. HS Freshman DNC rocked these Kidds which were basically one generation before the foamposites.

• RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You know Coach K wasn't getting in with Martin's barber.
  • RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

His Grandmama is the last person he talked to...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BallzDeep said:

Watching his commitment video made it obvious he's way too black for Coach K to close. We should have known this was gonna happen as soon as Jimmy Lake started trying to assist Coach K on Twitter and get Husky fans to show Martin love. Lowkey Lake literally asked fans to tweet at a recruit which is against NCAA rules.

It’s amazing to me that Petersen fits nowhere in the equation in posts like these. It’s always Coach K, Malloe, etc that didn’t close.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BallzDeep said:

Watching his commitment video made it obvious he's way too black for Coach K to close. We should have known this was gonna happen as soon as Jimmy Lake started trying to assist Coach K on Twitter and get Husky fans to show Martin love. Lowkey Lake literally asked fans to tweet at a recruit which is against NCAA rules.

It’s amazing to me that Petersen fits nowhere in the equation in posts like these. It’s always Coach K, Malloe, etc that didn’t close.
    Because the position coaches do 90% of the recruiting. Do you understand the contact rules?
    RDR said:

His Grandmama is the last person he talked to...

But she came on the visit to UW!!!

BallzDeep said:

Because the position coaches do 90% of the recruiting. Do you understand the contact rules?
    I assume each coach can only contact players x amount of the time, but I don't know any of the specifics so no, I don't. Can you elaborate?
    Swaye's Wigwam

BallzDeep said:

Yes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pray to Allah that Joe Tryon pans out and can play every snap of every game for the next three years. He's the only cat we have that even resembles Martin physically (6'4" 251). Everyone else is either too big/stiff or too Feeney. Feeney was awesome, don't twist.

We had a R-Fr that had 5.5 sacks last year. It’s not preposterous to believe he will eventually be a double digit sack guy.

Make no mistake, Martin is a huge loss. Getting DJ would have helped too, but Bowman at Buck and Kaho at San could be a hell of a combo.

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

I assume each coach can only contact players x amount of the time, but I don't know any of the specifics so no, I don't. Can you elaborate?
    Head Coaches can't go on the road and eval. They can only be in-home once. The assistants can go on the road and eval, talk to people, etc and they can be in home SIX times.

The position coaches do 90% of the recruiting and the head coach only goes in-home once and it's usually the 'best shot'.
    Same position coach can go in home six times or total of position coach visits with one kid is six times or both?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

Head Coaches can't go on the road and eval. They can only be in-home once. The assistants can go on the road and eval, talk to people, etc and they can be in home SIX times.

The position coaches do 90% of the recruiting and the head coach only goes in-home once and it's usually the 'best shot'.
    Same position coach can go in home six times or total of position coach visits with one kid is six times or both?
    Same coach can go in 6 times.

dnc said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

Same coach can go in 6 times.
    That's chinsane. I had no idea.