Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kalifornia city to pay universal basic income to all

Comments

• Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Same city that had the highest per capital default on mortgages and home refinance to buy a Trans Am during 2006-2008. There’s not a lot of good personal finance decisions being made by the population down there.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Deficits don't matter until they do. We've never reached that point in our modern but to act like it can't happen is beyond FS. We only get to borrow on the cheap because the rest of the world still believes in the full faith and credit of the US Government. If that changes we fuct biggy.

We have a fundamental problem in this country in that we want way more in benefits than we are willing to pay for them. And it's not just the fault of 'po people sucking off the guvmint tittays.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited February 2018
    Deficits don't matter until they do. We've never reached that point in our modern but to act like it can't happen is beyond FS. We only get to borrow on the cheap because the rest of the world still believes in the full faith and credit of the US Government. If that changes we fuct biggy.

We have a fundamental problem in this country in that we want way more in benefits than we are willing to pay for them. And it's not just the fault of 'po people sucking off the guvmint tittays.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Im sure OBKunt will have something super enlightening to say on the topic
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2018
    http://www.recordnet.com/news/20180124/stockton-gets-b-on-its-financial-report-card

I wonder if Stockton is strong financially because 5 years prior like doogie mentioned, all of their debt got wiped away.

I used to think that Trump saying declaring bankruptcy was a financial tool was idiotic. After reading into the Stockton situation, I'm beginning to see his point.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    That program is being paid with a grant, not tax dollars.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Stockton is a shithole.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

http://www.recordnet.com/news/20180124/stockton-gets-b-on-its-financial-report-card

I wonder if Stockton is strong financially because 5 years prior like doogie mentioned, all of their debt got wiped away.

I used to think that Trump saying declaring bankruptcy was a financial tool was idiotic. After reading into the Stockton situation, I'm beginning to see his point.

Please tell me you understand the difference between a city restructuring their debt and the entire country. What happens to the value of the dollar if we even threaten to default?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018
    who is threatening default? I am fully aware it’s what You people WANT to have happen but, who is threatening default?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just for you that aren't already aware the city of San Fran already pays homeless people for living there. Then they wonder why there are so many homeless in San Fran. FS.
  • Options
    doogie said:

who is threatening default? I am fully aware it’s what You people WANT to have happen but, who is threatening default?

What do you think it means by declaring bankruptcy?
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Bankruptcy and default are not at all the same thing. Stockton declared BK, and did default on some of its debt at the same time, but not all of its bonds. It defaulted on lease rev and pension obligation bonds. It never missed a utility bond, redevelopment, CFD bond or cal pers payment.

Most states, like the federal government, cannot declare BK under their Constitiutions. They would default and extend-pretend into the future (see puerto Rico).
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Is that what you think Trump is doing?
  • Options
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Is that what you think Trump is doing?
    Scroll up and read greenbloods post. Dumbass.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    2001400ex said:

Please tell me you understand the difference between a city restructuring their debt and the entire country. What happens to the value of the dollar if we even threaten to default?
    Yes, you asked this in a city thread.

But since now, you’re ignoring what you wrote earlier and you’re now pretending you meant, “What happens to the US Dollar if Stockton, California even threatens default, the obvious answer is, absolutely nothing.
    So, you see, either way, you’re fucktarded.

Then again, perhaps you were talking about the New Kalifornia Dallir? Same answer, nothing.
  • Options
    Loaded up on SPX March 30 2640 Puts on Thursday.

Obvious trade seemed obvious with the likely release of the FBI release of the FBI vetted summary last Friday.
  • Options
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:

Yes, you asked this in a city thread.
    Loaded up on SPX March 30 2640 Puts on Thursday.

Obvious trade seemed obvious with the likely release of the FBI vetted summary last Friday.