Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Enraged Father Attacks Larry Nassar in Court

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
Most of us would probably do the same thing. Except @MikeDamone .

"I would ask you to, as part of the sentencing, to grant me five minutes in a locked room with this demon," Margraves says. The judge says she can't do that.

"Would you give me one minute?" Margraves asks.

"You know that I can't do that," Judge Janet Cunningham says.

Margraves then rushes across the courtroom toward Nassar.

He is pushed back by Nassar's attorney. Deputies tackle Margraves to the floor, his head striking a table. The officers tell him to put his hands behind his back, as Margraves continues protesting, "I want that son of a b****!" and "Give me one minute with that bastard."

The deputies pull him off the floor and begin to lead him out of the room.

"What if this had happened to you guys' daughters?" Margraves asks them.

"No one can behave like this," Assistant Attorney General Angela Povilaitis says to the gallery. "I want to make sure it's crystal clear."

Margraves turns back and says, "You haven't lived through it, lady!"

"This is letting him [Nassar] have this power of over us," Povilaitis says, sounding shaken. "I don't want to see another parent get arrested or put handcuffs on."

"I understand Mr. Margraves' frustration," she says. "But you cannot do this. This is not helping your children, this is not helping your community, this is not helping us. ... Use your words, use your experiences to get him, and to change. Do not use physical violence."

The bailiffs, deputies, and Nassar's attorney quietly put the courtroom back into order.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/02/582665947/victims-father-lunges-at-larry-nassar-in-michigan-courtroom

Comments

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,977
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I gotta think it's not too hard once you figure out what prison the guy is going to, to find some local gang banger that has some buddies in there, some hard pipe hittin niggas, pay him 5 grand up front and another 5 grand when you get the photos of the job completed.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    So, would you advertise on reddit? Craigslist? Backpage?
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,226
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Most of America would have chipped in $5 to pay security to stand aside.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    Should be part of his sentence for the father to beat the shit out of him.
  • section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Should be part of his sentence for the father to beat the shit out of him.

Offer him a year off his sentence for every two minutes he spends in a room with enraged parents.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2018
    The fact the he's going to be "The belle of the ball", would be enough for me to be satisfied. Nassar won't go a year without taking his own life. A sick pervert and as meek as he is, he won't survive.

You can rob, commit murder, use drugs, etc. and be better off in prison than a child molester. Many of the other inmates have children, and they get a thrill out of tormenting said molesters.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    section8 said:

I’ve been wondering where the parents were through all of this. Were They or their kids so blinded by thought of being Olympians that they kept quiet? It’s hard to imagine the complaints from MSU never made it back to parents.

This is a very valid poont.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    This guy's going to be in protective population for the rest of his life. Nobody's going to bugger him (unless he wants buggering)
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    AZDuck said:

This guy's going to be in protective population for the rest of his life. Nobody's going to bugger him (unless he wants buggering)

After so much time behind bars you just want to FEEL SOMETHING
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just to inform you. The issue with Watergate was the cover up.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Cons - Telegraphs his moves, makes it easy for the line to anticipate his rush. Slow first step, which gives blockers time to shift protection to negate his pressure. Doesn't finish through contact, not capable of taking on multiple blockers. Needs to work on staying low to gain leverage over opponents.
    Pros - often demands double/triple team to match his aggression, gym rat that loves to compete, good locker room guy. Great hips. Nose for the QB. The kind of guy you'd want your daughter to date.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    dnc said:

Cons - Telegraphs his moves, makes it easy for the line to anticipate his rush. Slow first step, which gives blockers time to shift protection to negate his pressure. Doesn't finish through contact, not capable of taking on multiple blockers. Needs to work on staying low to gain leverage over opponents.
    Pros - often demands double/triple team to match his aggression, gym rat that loves to compete, good locker room guy. Great hips. Nose for the QB. The kind of guy you'd want your daughter to date.

Yeah, but what if he encourages her to do gymnastics...
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

The fact the he's going to be "The belle of the ball", would be enough for me to be satisfied. Nassar won't go a year without taking his own life. A sick pervert and as meek as he is, he won't survive.

You can rob, commit murder, use drugs, etc. and be better off in prison than a child molester. Many of the other inmates have children, and they get a thrill out of tormenting said molesters.

But who will molester the molester molesters?
    @MikeDamone
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

Just to inform you. The issue with Watergate was the cover up.

so glad to see you've finally found a suitable replacement for "no warning, just gone"