Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Edgar denied HOF again.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He shouldn’t be in the HOF. Edgar roided. Not a big deal, he just didn’t get caught. It’s a fucking joke Barry Bonds isn’t in the HOF.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,387
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He shouldn’t be in the HOF. Edgar roided. Not a big deal, he just didn’t get caught. It’s a fucking joke Barry Bonds isn’t in the HOF.

Edgar shouldn't be in because he roided (which I don't buy because his stats were always the same starting pre-steroid era), but it's a joke that Bonds isn't in because he roided? Got it.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Edgar shouldn't be in because he roided (which I don't buy because his stats were always the same starting pre-steroid era), but it's a joke that Bonds isn't in because he roided? Got it.
    Edgar's power hitting surged in 1995 at age 32:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/martied01.shtml

He's an obvious juicer
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bonds is an inner circle guy (up there with Ruth as best ever). When Edgar gets elected next year it will be well deserved.

I don't understand how he's avoided steroid speculation though. Edgar roided. Hell, he was an early adopter as far as I can tell.

Buttfuck, everyone else in the 90s and 00s roided too

The best deserve to be in the Hall regardless.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2018
    Edgar openly used andro and creatine. The Mark McGwire playbook. Bret Boone also said Edgar was his closest friend on the team. What does anyone think they were doing?

Everyone was juicing and the M’s were right at the top of the list. A-Rod, Edgar, Segui, Boone. I suspect Buhner as well.

Everyone always says Griffey didn’t but who really knows?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    I loved Edgar but he doesn't deserve the HOF. He didn't play in the field and his slow speed was a liability.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I loved Edgar but he doesn't deserve the HOF. He didn't play in the field and his slow speed was a liability.

Neither did David Ortiz, and Edgar's numbers compare somewhat favorable to Ortiz
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Edgar openly used andro and creatine. The Mark McGwire playbook. Bret Boone also said Edgar was his closest friend on the team. What does anyone think they were doing?

Everyone was juicing and the M’s were right at the top of the list. A-Rod, Edgar, Segui, Boone. I suspect Buhner as well.

Everyone always says Griffey didn’t but who really knows?

Griffey didn't because he was a lazy fuck who hated working out and steroids don't do shit for you if you don't work them.

Griffey's body transformation is the complete opposite of Bonds and Martinez's. They got bigger and sturdier, he got bigger and rounder.