Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Query for the Bored - Eason

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited January 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
Serious Question. Why am I supposed to be excited about an Eason transfers?

History says most transfers are transferring because they weren't good enough to get meaningful time on the team they were playing on. Outside of Russell Wilson (grad transfer btw) who has had major success at their next stop?

The vast majority are Jake Heaps type. What did Max Browne do at Pitt? Not much. Who was the DB that transferred from Bama? Anybody hear from him? No.

Am I supposed to be excited for no more Jack Brownsocks? So fucking what, he won't be around in '19 anyway.

This feels like the time I was supposed to be excited for HWSNBN after he got fired from ND. Seems like a whole lot of unnecessary dooging going on.

I like to doog it up as much as the next guy, but I fail to understand the excitement. Seems like far more transfers never do anything meaningful. I would love to be wrong.

Please to be explaining ....

Comments

• PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He's got talent, you can coach him up from there. One more year of college coaching under his belt. You can't coach Browning to have a better arm.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

History says most transfers are transferring because they weren't good enough to get meaningful time on the team they were playing on. Outside of Russell Wilson (grad transfer btw) who has had major success at their next stop?

The vast majority are Jake Heaps type. What did Max Browne do at Pitt? Not much. Who was the DB that transferred from Bama? Anybody hear from him? No.

Am I supposed to be excited for no more Jack Brownsocks? So fucking what, he won't be around in '19 anyway.

This feels like the time I was supposed to be excited for HWSNBN after he got fired from ND. Seems like a whole lot of unnecessary dooging going on.

I like to doog it up as much as the next guy, but I fail to understand the excitement. Seems like far more transfers never do anything meaningful. I would love to be wrong.

To put it in poker terms for your degenerate mind. Would you rather have AK suited or 10/J off suit?

It's just a numbers game is all it is. Get as much talent as you possibly can and whoever wins from there... congrats to them. That goes for every position.
    @Swaye true?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Transfer QBs succeeding isn’t all that uncommon. Baker Mayfield and Cam Newton are two recent examples. Mayfield was the starter at TTech got hurt and then Wally Pipped by Mahomes then had l transfer to Okie.

I thought Baker Mayfield wanted a scholly and TT told him to pound sand so he transferred.

I could be wrong though.
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

Transfer QBs succeeding isn’t all that uncommon. Baker Mayfield and Cam Newton are two recent examples. Mayfield was the starter at TTech got hurt and then Wally Pipped by Mahomes then had l transfer to Okie.

I thought Baker Mayfield wanted a scholly and TT told him to pound sand so he transferred.

I could be wrong though.
    Yea, but still.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club

This is already clearly different from the Browne and Heaps situations. Eason has already started an entire season against SEC defenses. As a true freshman he threw for a 2:1 TD ratio. While his accuracy is a WIP, those are impressive stats for a guy who has only began his development as a college QB. Nothing about his first two years at UGA suggest he’s a bust, quite the opposite actually, and he was just the victim of shitty circumstances. He’s every bit the player we thought he was coming out of high school, and we have the added benefit of seeing him actually live up to the hype in year 1. If Eason isn’t our starter for 2019 and 2020, he either has a debilitating addiction to sorostitutes, or one of Yankoff/Sirmon is really fucking good.

No way does he start in 2020. He either starts in 2019 & leaves for NFL, or gets passed in 2019 and grad transfers to WSU in 2020 &
    suffers multiple concussions.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Have you not payed any attention to our quarterback recruiting the last three years???????
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Taylor Barton came in and pushed Cody.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

pawz said:

To put it in poker terms for your degenerate mind. Would you rather have AK suited or 10/J off suit?

It's just a numbers game is all it is. Get as much talent as you possibly can and whoever wins from there... congrats to them. That goes for every position.
    Eason is a suited ten-deuce
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

Eason is a suited ten-deuce
    So you're saying there's a chance. Whatever ya'lI bet...i call.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is already clearly different from the Browne and Heaps situations. Eason has already started an entire season against SEC defenses. As a true freshman he threw for a 2:1 TD ratio. While his accuracy is a WIP, those are impressive stats for a guy who has only began his development as a college QB. Nothing about his first two years at UGA suggest he’s a bust, quite the opposite actually, and he was just the victim of shitty circumstances. He’s every bit the player we thought he was coming out of high school, and we have the added benefit of seeing him actually live up to the hype in year 1. If Eason isn’t our starter for 2019 and 2020, he either has a debilitating addiction to sorostitutes, or one of Yankoff/Sirmon is really fucking good.

Really well said