Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Laker Talk

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm right

Again
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I'm right

Again

Everybody excited about the 29th best team in the NBA:

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We're building for Lebron

To be fair, tanking for another high draft pick is the best thing the Lakers can do this year.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

So Lonzo misses 5 games with an injury. Lakers lose all 5 by double digits. "Best player on the team" Kuzma shoots 30% in his absence.

Lonzo is real.

And in Lonzo’s return last night, they still lost just as badly at home to a bad Charlotte team. Lonzo’s +/- was a lofty -24, by far the worst in the team.

He’s not a top 5 rookie in the league this year and it’s very obvious.
    He shaking off the rust.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

To be fair, tanking for another high draft pick is the best thing the Lakers can do this year.
    Good thing the Lakers don't own a 1st rounder next draft... it either goes to Philly or Boston depending on where the selection is
    NEsnake12 said:

Good thing the Lakers don't own a 1st rounder next draft... it either goes to Philly or Boston depending on where the selection is
    CHRIST
    Grab some popcorn kids:

Note: I completely agree that Walton is shit. Lakers have enough talent to be .500 if they had the right coach
    NEsnake12 said:

Grab some popcorn kids:

Note: I completely agree that Walton is shit. Lakers have enough talent to be .500 if they had the right coach
    Disagree. They don't have a single top 50 player in the league and they only have 2 of the top 100:

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/sort/VORPe/page/2

NEsnake12 said:

Grab some popcorn kids:

Disagree. They don't have a single top 50 player in the league and they only have 2 of the top 100:

Wild bought but maybe stats their wouldn’t look like shit if they had an actually good coach who could get more out the players’ raw talent.

My friend who is a diehard Lakers fan from LA has been losing his shit about Walton’s inability to sensibly rotate his players properly, which leaves the team constantly playing with lineups that don’t make sense that get blown up for the time they’re out there playing.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Correct. If it's 2-5, it's Boston. If it's 1 or 6-30, it's Philly, and Boston gets the higher of the Kings/Sixers pick next year, unless the Kings or Sixers pick number one, in which case the Sixers get that pick and the Celtics would get the lower one.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    NEsnake12 said:

Grab some popcorn kids:

Anytime that you find yourself agreeing with LaVar Ball, you should probably consider taking a walk along the Aurora Bridge for some perspective.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

Grab some popcorn kids:

Wild bought but maybe stats their wouldn’t look like shit if they had an actually good coach who could get more out the players’ raw talent.

My friend who is a diehard Lakers fan from LA has been losing his shit about Walton’s inability to sensibly rotate his players properly, which leaves the team constantly playing with lineups that don’t make sense that get blown up for the time they’re out there playing.
    They aren’t good. I have no clue if Walton is good, but who is a legitimately good player? They don’t even have one borderline star. They have two or three pretty good young guys and trash. That’s the roster. Who thought the Lakers would be any good?
    I like Kuzma ... could definitely see him being a Top 3 guy on a really good team.

I don't really know what to think of Ingram ... he's young so I don't think you can give up on him. But at the same time, if I could trade his potential for a high end player I'd absolutely do that. For example, if the Lakers could have used Ingram to get a guy like Kyrie last offseason (not saying they should have got Kyrie so don't twist), I think I'd do it. I'm not confident that Ingram will ever find himself as a Top 15-20 player in the league. If they could move Ingram as part of a package to get Boogie or Anthony Davis, I wouldn't hesitate at all.

I actually like what Lonzo brings to the table. That being said, he's got a lot of work that he has to do to get to being an elite NBA player. His shot is broken for the NBA level. He needs to get that straightened out and be able to shoot quickly. The more that he's able to do that the easier it will be for him to make his teammates better with his passing. Defensively, like most young players, he needs to learn how to actually play defense as he reaches a little too much and obviously needs to gain some strength.

They have a lot of cap space in the offseason and obviously are going to go after a big fish or two. If you put those guys around the existing core you have the makings of a relatively nice team. I do question how Lonzo will fit with LeBron unless LeBron is ready to play more off the ball and run the wings on transition. I could see Paul George fitting in well alongside of Lonzo.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

NEsnake12 said:

Grab some popcorn kids:

Anytime that you find yourself agreeing with #TeqAnalysis, you should probably consider taking a walk along the Aurora Bridge for some perspective.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I cheer every laker loss. Always have. It’s even better living in LA county as “lookers” lose their minds year after year.

I even wanted OKC to destroy them. Fuck okc.

I cheer every laker loss. Always have. It’s even better living in LA county as “lookers” lose their minds year after year.

You have a lot of hate in your life.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

You have a lot of hate in your life.
    Agree.

Howard Schultz, okc and the team owners that haven’t killed themselves yet, and the lakers top the list.

There’s a lot more too.