Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Split natty incoming

How can the AP voters ignore the only undefeated team in America?

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

UCF would have given Penn State a better game due to their offense. Could have won.

UCF could hang with any team in America this season.

It will be an interesting argument if Bama wins the CFP.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's like BYU but with an actual quality win.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Scott Frost with the free Pub Off Season Natty?

It's like BYU but with an actual quality win.

People forget UW ducked #1 BYU in 1984 to play the #2 team instead:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/30-years-ago-the-huskies-won-orange-bowl-but-somehow-missed-national-title/
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    UCF and the Big Tens Bowel domination will both be big steps towards the 8 team playoff. Every Power 5 Champ, the highest rated Gang of 5 team, two wild cards.

Its going to happen.
    dnc said:

UCF and the Big Tens Bowel domination will both be big steps towards the 8 team playoff. Every Power 5 Champ, the highest rated Gang of 5 team, two wild cards.

Its going to happen.

Allah willing, even though the B1G had no business being in the playoff.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,239
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Its going to happen.

I actually really like Faux Pelini’s suggestion of a 7 team playoff instead of an 8 team one. Give the #1 team a bye, which puts focus back on being number one instead of on who is number 4 or number 8.
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

Its going to happen.

I actually really like Faux Pelini’s suggestion of a 7 team playoff instead of an 8 team one. Give the #1 team a bye, which puts focus back on being number one instead of on who is number 4 or number 8.
    Chinteresting.

I don't really like byes in college football playoff though, unless they'd start the playoffs much earlier. They already have 3 or 4 weeks off before they start the playoffs so it seems like a bye would lose the advantage of rest. It still means you have to win one less game which is obviously big, but is getting a bye that much better than playing team #8? When in doubt, I say more football.
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

Its going to happen.

That's a terrible idea. Nobody deserved a bye this year.
    Standard Supporter
    I think the proposed setup was play the 3 quarterfinals back to back to back on the third Saturday in Dec, then play the semifinals on the regular bowl schedule. Quarterfinals could be neutral site or hosted by the higher seeds.
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

dnc said:

Its going to happen.

Why do you hate UCF?
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

dnc said:

Its going to happen.

Why do you hate UCF?
    Chintriguing.

Most years, there isn't a clear cut team that deserves the advantage of one fewer game.
    Standard Supporter
    Bama last year was a lone undefeated. Year before that was Clemson.

In the years with a bunch of close teams like this one it’s a huge undeserved advantage. Other years it is more justified.

I just like the idea of a significant reward for being #1. It may be difficult to discern who the absolute best or most deserving single team is, but there is usually a big gap between 1/2/3 and 6/7/8, who end up with 2 losses (and sometimes 3).
    whlinder said:

Bama last year was a lone undefeated. Year before that was Clemson.

In the years with a bunch of close teams like this one it’s a huge undeserved advantage. Other years it is more justified.

I just like the idea of a significant reward for being #1. It may be difficult to discern who the absolute best or most deserving single team is, but there is usually a big gap between 1/2/3 and 6/7/8, who end up with 2 losses (and sometimes 3).

The advantage is home games for 1-4.
    89ute said:

How can the AP voters ignore the only undefeated team in America?

Dear UCF,

The shit they say about not playing a BCS/P5 schedule is real.

Signed 2004 & 2008 Utes.
    Join a conference that can win a bowel game, then pop off!