Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Here's the thing

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Oh geez.

I’m not going to bash UW to make a point. Or elevate ND.

But a lot of this is just plain nonsense.

As for ND “shitting the bed” & what not....

Play a schedule. Seriously. With ND’s schedule UW is 6-6. Travel the country, play teams in California one week, then Florida the next. ND played 7 teams this year that were ranked at some point in the CFP committee top 25. ND played 5 teams in the top 15, 3 in top 10. Ten bowl teams. Multiple conference champions. Beat 3 top 15 teams by at least 3 scores.
Washington played 2 ranked teams this year (zero top 10) & lost 2 games.
If ND played 2-3 games a year, spread out, all in the same region, they win 11-12 of them. ND played 3 top 15 teams in 5 weeks, two different times this season.

Next, DB coaching. I understand UW loves coach Lake, but not too many people outside of the PAC12 knows who he even is? Most people know him because he is considered a negative recruiter.
As far as Peterson. I’ve talked to numerous people who said he was never a serious consideration for big time jobs because he can’t handle the pressure. He is the poster child for big fish in small pond.
As for UW’s future. I talked to Gene Smith (who is a major voice in the CFP committee room) & he said they won’t be fooled by PAC12 scheduling moving forward. Playing no one, & still losing games, will not get you near the playoff. They were split on UW last time, but now they are unanimous in their thinking.

I didn’t even mention ND’s history. Just now. And right now UW gets to play in a bowl game against a team that lost to a top 15 team ND blew out on the road. And UW didn’t play for a conference title in a conference ND beat the Champion by 35 points.

I wish ND played a schedule like UW so they could win 11 games every year & make the CFP with limited effort. But that is not ND’s style. Because to be legendary you have to put it all on the line. Nobody can question ND’s legacy & who they play & beat.

They have a schedule coming up that has Michigan
USC
Stanford
VT
Florida St

Followed the next year with
Georgia
USC
Stanford
VT
Michigan

And those next two years don’t even mention teams like BC, Navy, Pitt, Louisville, WF, Northwestern, Syracuse, Virginia, UNC...

To be legendary you have to take chances.
It’s called Man in the Arena.
T. Roosevelt, 1910

ND is like the United States. Everywhere you go outside the country people tell you how the US sucks & nobody cares about them. Yet the US is the only country they care about to tell you their opinion. Because the US doesn’t suck & everybody else is just butt-hurt.

I already predicted Gordon to UW. I predicted Irvin to USC. I think they both will end up that way.
Another prediction I have, & it’s the vast majority prediction, is that Chip Kelly & UCLA will soon own the PAC12. He will get all the recruits, win all the conference titles, & run it like USC did under Carroll. Peterson is now considered the third at best coach in the conference (behind Chip & Shaw).

Last, as far as academics, saying ND is not top notch is silly. Outside of Ivy & Stanford, they are next. The proof is in the pudding.

Sorry for having to lay it all out, but some on here are so out of touch with reality it is insane. So I tried to put facts without belittling UW.

P.S. Stop tweeting recruits. That’s not cool & Kyler said he didn’t appreciate it...

Comments