Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyler Gordon, 2018 4* DB, Everett (Archbishop Murphy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Does that tutor at ND still trade doing homework for sex? Because if she is around you gotta commit to ND on the spot.

Are you talking about Kim Dunbar? I think she is still in jail?

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

AF9705 said:

His twitter follows are heavily ND. Lots of commits.

I know he had a great time & became friends with a lot of the commits at the Echoes Banquet.
    They strategically put all the commits with the other recruits in a room together during the banquet.
    Like i said, this morning I thought he was ND. Then Kyler informed the insiders that ND was sending Todd Lyght out to see him Thursday night after a conversation. So that makes me believe something happened. Then the insider intereviewed Kyler & says that even Kyler hasn’t decided yet, which is a big change from Sunday.
    I read his twitter as mostly positive for UW. Sure, he followed kids he was on a visit with - that's pretty normal. However, he followed Taimani too. He wasn't on a visit with him.

I think it's a case where Kyler clearly loves the idea of going to Notre Dame, but in the end will that idea be enough? If he loved the IDEA of Notre Dame and hated the IDEA of UW, I think he would already be committed to ND. I think Lyght will try to persuade him to do just that on Thursday night. If he's successful, Kyler won't take the UW visit. If he isn't, Kyler will and I think ND will be almost out of it.

The key here is that his parents will go with him to UW. That will be hard to overcome.

ND knows this and that's why they are trying to get him in front of Lyght and to not take that visit.
    You moving the percentage we get him up from 20 to the 50 range given this?
    Not until he visits. I honestly think they might be able to stop him from visiting. I think if he visits, we are 50/50. I think it's 50/50 whether he visits (after the talk with Lyght, not right now), so that's about 25%.
    I think it's more like a 25% chance they keep him from visiting and a 75% chance he's ours if he does visit. So 50%.

But I like our visitors 51%.
    This one is really hard to read. I think it's easier for us to fuck on Kyler because we are close to home and mom wants him to go home with us and it's a short trip and the other trip is long and scary.

But we'll see.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dnc said:

dnc said:

AF9705 said:

I know he had a great time & became friends with a lot of the commits at the Echoes Banquet.
    They strategically put all the commits with the other recruits in a room together during the banquet.
    Like i said, this morning I thought he was ND. Then Kyler informed the insiders that ND was sending Todd Lyght out to see him Thursday night after a conversation. So that makes me believe something happened. Then the insider intereviewed Kyler & says that even Kyler hasn’t decided yet, which is a big change from Sunday.
    I read his twitter as mostly positive for UW. Sure, he followed kids he was on a visit with - that's pretty normal. However, he followed Taimani too. He wasn't on a visit with him.

I think it's a case where Kyler clearly loves the idea of going to Notre Dame, but in the end will that idea be enough? If he loved the IDEA of Notre Dame and hated the IDEA of UW, I think he would already be committed to ND. I think Lyght will try to persuade him to do just that on Thursday night. If he's successful, Kyler won't take the UW visit. If he isn't, Kyler will and I think ND will be almost out of it.

The key here is that his parents will go with him to UW. That will be hard to overcome.

ND knows this and that's why they are trying to get him in front of Lyght and to not take that visit.
    Not until he visits. I honestly think they might be able to stop him from visiting. I think if he visits, we are 50/50. I think it's 50/50 whether he visits (after the talk with Lyght, not right now), so that's about 25%.
    I think it's more like a 25% chance they keep him from visiting and a 75% chance he's ours if he does visit. So 50%.

@538Dawg says that would be 56.25%
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

dnc said:

AF9705 said:

That’s actually a 56.25% chance he’s ours by your math
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

AF9705 said:

That’s actually a 56.25% chance he’s ours by your math

dnc said:

dnc said:

AF9705 said:

@538Dawg says that would be 56.25%
    Statistics superiority guys.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited December 2017
    I’d put the % as follows

Visits UW = 70/30 yes ... of position coach is visiting they have to be very worried that he is going to visit and are doing everything possible to hose him off from taking that visit

Commits if he visits = 80/20 yes ... if he visits he isn’t sold on ND and in a battle of looking for reasons to stay or go sides with the less risky chance of staying

Overall odds = 56%

Obviously need both to happen to get commit ... any scenario where he doesn’t visit = 0 commitment
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AF9705 said:

So the Kyler situation is getting a little crazy.
    In summary, things went all over the place this week already.

He was all but committed to ND following his 3 day weekend there, but when he got home he started hearing outside voices trying to convince him to stay home. He changed his mind so much so ND is sending out their DB coach to meet with him Thursday. Obviously they JUST spent three days together, so flying all the way out for one evening is a sign ND feels they may have lost him this week.

The insider who interviewed him straight up said Kyler doesn’t even know what he is going to do at this point.
    Kyler said he wants to wrap all this up very soon, which is strange since he still hasn’t decided.

I would have guessed ND this morning, but with the fact ND is flying out again to see him unscheduled & the fact Kyler wants to just end it makes me now lean towards UW.

I think this is one of those cases where a kid is having trouble leaving home & is getting told he needs to stay home & ND is flying out to try to convince him otherwise.

This has been bizzare.

Marlon Tuialatpu's family had a solution for this. Go hide at the neighbor's house.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AF9705 said:

Two quick updates:

Houston Griffith just committed to ND (35th Overall player in country) at DB. I’m guessing Todd Lyght will try to sell that to Kyler along with Allen already committed (65th overall, also DB at Safety), and both are signing early on the 20th. UW will try to sell him he’s not the #1 DB at ND & UW will make him a priority. So both teams will spin this to their favor.

Second, it’s funny how my guy I talk to has changed his view today video game style. Like when you have a full power bar & it just slowly gets smaller. He was full power bar this morning for ND, & as the day has worn on he has went down to “probably ND” the to “i would still guess ND” to “it’s a toss-up” to “I have no idea?”
    All of this in 12 hours.
    These poor insiders must lose their minds over these kids?

Are you sure your source isn’t Scott Eklund?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Lake needs to go live in a dumpster outside his house until the 20th.

I wonder if he likes pie.
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181

AF9705 said:

Two quick updates:

Houston Griffith just committed to ND (35th Overall player in country) at DB. I’m guessing Todd Lyght will try to sell that to Kyler along with Allen already committed (65th overall, also DB at Safety), and both are signing early on the 20th. UW will try to sell him he’s not the #1 DB at ND & UW will make him a priority. So both teams will spin this to their favor.

Second, it’s funny how my guy I talk to has changed his view today video game style. Like when you have a full power bar & it just slowly gets smaller. He was full power bar this morning for ND, & as the day has worn on he has went down to “probably ND” the to “i would still guess ND” to “it’s a toss-up” to “I have no idea?”
    All of this in 12 hours.

I would never source that guy just from what I have seen from him. My source is actually 3 different people who all interview the recruits, their family, coaches, teammates, other recruits, etc... then share notes & only put out what they know.
    They already had the Griffith commitment interview done, then released it 30 seconds after he publicly committed, so they obviously knew this afternoon (and told a few of us).
    I have been bugging the shit out of them about Kyler & they are stumped at this point.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

I’d put the % as follows

Visits UW = 70/30 yes ... of position coach is visiting they have to be very worried that he is going to visit and are doing everything possible to hose him off from taking that visit

Commits if he visits = 80/20 yes ... if he visits he isn’t sold on ND and in a battle of looking for reasons to stay or go sides with the less risky chance of staying

Overall odds = 56%

Obviously need both to happen to get commit ... any scenario where he doesn’t visit = 0 commitment

Disagree...think it's more 54.84346798653367897543%
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Two quick updates:

All of this in 12 hours.

I would never source that guy just from what I have seen from him. My source is actually 3 different people who all interview the recruits, their family, coaches, teammates, other recruits, etc... then share notes & only put out what they know.
    They already had the Griffith commitment interview done, then released it 30 seconds after he publicly committed, so they obviously knew this afternoon (and told a few of us).
    I have been bugging the shit out of them about Kyler & they are stumped at this point.
    hmmmm, 119 college teams X ~3 recruiting anal-ists per team bothering kids and their friends incessantly about how much they loved their visit and what they're thinking...gross.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,450
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2017
    NEsnake12 said:

Baseman said:

animate said:

AF9705 said:

pat_hm said:
    If @AF9705 is to be believed, they're taking 3 anyway, so Bracy+Griffith committing to ND would still leave them an opening. I think it's about 50-50 at this point honestly.
    That’s correct.

The Bracy commitment was more to force his decision & Noah Boykin, the Maryland commit ND is trying to flip. Bracy had lost interest in ND because he wanted to play with his brother out at SDSU. But he contacted ND recently with a change of heart. The ND staff told him he would need to prove his interest because they had moved on to other recruits. So he committed & is signing early on the 20th, which made the ND staff very happy.

As for Kyler, it doesn’t affect things on the ND side because he was still their #2 behind Griffith regardless. It might affect things in his own mind though? Maybe he sees they already have a few good guys at CB & decides he wants to be the alpha at UW in the DB class? You never know what 17 year olds are thinking?

I still say it’s 50/50 at this point between UW & ND.
    I know what 17 year olds are thinking.

- pussy
    - junk food
    - pussy
    - football
    How would you explain btp?
    -pussy
    -shitposting on HH
    -junk food
    -pussy
    Pussy too high for a BTP list.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

NEsnake12 said:

Baseman said:

animate said:

AF9705 said:

pat_hm said:
    If @AF9705 is to be believed, they're taking 3 anyway, so Bracy+Griffith committing to ND would still leave them an opening. I think it's about 50-50 at this point honestly.
    That’s correct.

The Bracy commitment was more to force his decision & Noah Boykin, the Maryland commit ND is trying to flip. Bracy had lost interest in ND because he wanted to play with his brother out at SDSU. But he contacted ND recently with a change of heart. The ND staff told him he would need to prove his interest because they had moved on to other recruits. So he committed & is signing early on the 20th, which made the ND staff very happy.

As for Kyler, it doesn’t affect things on the ND side because he was still their #2 behind Griffith regardless. It might affect things in his own mind though? Maybe he sees they already have a few good guys at CB & decides he wants to be the alpha at UW in the DB class? You never know what 17 year olds are thinking?

I still say it’s 50/50 at this point between UW & ND.
    I know what 17 year olds are thinking.

- pussy
    - junk food
    - pussy
    - football
    How would you explain btp?
    -pussy
    -shitposting on HH
    -junk food
    -pussy
    Pussy too high for a BTP list.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    edited December 2017
    I'm amazed at how much inside information this guy from ND has. I talked to one of Kyler's good friends who was texting him during his ND visit and even he has no idea. Kyler isn't telling anyone anything.