Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The stench of Romar

FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
If you've followed the program for a while, so about 5 of you, you'd remember that one of the hallmark issues with Romars "legacy" was his inability to win on the road. Romar built his living off of winning in HecEd, but regularly struggled to put a meaningful team on the floor after stepping outside Seattle proper. The encouraging thing to me is seeing a team with confidence, poise and fucking ONIONS going up against the #2 team in the nation. Yes, I understand it won't change the world, but the stench is already starting to float off the program.

We don't see shitty out of bounds fuck ups(defense or offense)
We actually care about half court offense and controlling the ball
We don't endlessly jack up 3's
We actually try to play defense for more than 10 seconds on the shot clock and don't allow our Center to switch 40' from the basket
We use time outs

All this without a heralded recruiting class and I would argue not a great roster top to bottom. College basketball is still about finding a team balance to great players. Not rolling out recruiting classes and expecting them to be led by the leader of men(minus the rapes, drug dealers, etc).

This team will still face adversity and growing pains, but loved seeing all the grit from the team this early in the hop tenure. The guys are buying in rather than showing up to party. The further we get from romar, the more people will realize minus the coke, the latter 5-7 years of romar was equitable to the sark era. No discipline or team, just party and hang out.

Comments