Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon Gets Cristoballed

1234568»

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

what i dont get is this: 'mario got fired unjustly from FIU cause he had beef with the AD'

mario won three fucking games his last year at FIU

bammer let mario walk

this feels a lot like when doogs talked themselves into sark.

irregardless, its a mute point, lipo.

It’s gilby and the “you really can’t expect to do much better at cal” excuse
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2017
    ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

ntxduck said:

LIPO.

This hire is only a failure if Mullens doesn't have the stones to pull the trigger on firing Cristobal in 2 years if this isn't panning out (which is very possible since Mullens is a huge pussy). In 2 years, there will be way better outside options available (the next Matt Campbell or maybe even actual Matt Campbell once he realizes that Iowa State has a very finite ceiling).

Not thrilled, but there's really no options out there. I prefer giving Cristobal 2 years and seeing what he can do, while pulling in good classes, over giving Leach/Sumlin/Wilcox 4 years and then starting from ground zero in 2022. But once again, this will all come down to how short of a leash Mullens is going to give him and the program.

LIPO.

your conclusions are sound but that doesn't make the situation any less depressing

welp boys we hired a coach with an obvious ceiling to salvage a GOOD recruiting class, hope our AD has the stones to fire him in a few years when there are more tier 1-2-3 candidates out there.
    I was resigned to the depressing plight of the situation once the Taggart to FSU rumors popped up. It is what it is. I'm less depressed than if we made a long term and large financial commitment to Black Sark or Leach, though.
    All you did is kick the Can down the road on a huge gamble to save a recruiting class. You'll be doing this in 2 to 3 years again. But if the fanbase is good with that, then there is really nothing to discuss.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

ntxduck said:

LIPO.

This hire is only a failure if Mullens doesn't have the stones to pull the trigger on firing Cristobal in 2 years if this isn't panning out (which is very possible since Mullens is a huge pussy). In 2 years, there will be way better outside options available (the next Matt Campbell or maybe even actual Matt Campbell once he realizes that Iowa State has a very finite ceiling).

Not thrilled, but there's really no options out there. I prefer giving Cristobal 2 years and seeing what he can do, while pulling in good classes, over giving Leach/Sumlin/Wilcox 4 years and then starting from ground zero in 2022. But once again, this will all come down to how short of a leash Mullens is going to give him and the program.

LIPO.

your conclusions are sound but that doesn't make the situation any less depressing

welp boys we hired a coach with an obvious ceiling to salvage a GOOD recruiting class, hope our AD has the stones to fire him in a few years when there are more tier 1-2-3 candidates out there.
    I was resigned to the depressing plight of the situation once the Taggart to FSU rumors popped up. It is what it is. I'm less depressed than if we made a long term and large financial commitment to Black Sark or Leach, though.
    All you did is kick the Can down the road on a huge gamble to save a recruiting class. You'll be doing this in 2 to 3 years again. But if the fanbase is good with that, then there is really nothing to discuss.
    Again, anyone available this year would have been a huge gamble. We were completely fucked, not so much due to the early signing period, but due to the high turnover at big-time programs last year and this year that took every decent candidate available.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We’ve been through this. Phil Knight simply didn’t want to pay market price. He chose surrender >>> competition.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

We’ve been through this. Phil Knight simply didn’t want to pay market price. He chose surrender >>> competition.

i think knight is at the point of 'ive dumped a ton of fucking money into this program, at this point, you need to get it done' sort of mode.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

doogie said:

i think knight is at the point of 'ive dumped a ton of fucking money into this program, at this point, you need to get it done' sort of mode.
    I don't think a guy who just added to his Oregon giving a $500 million science complex to go with the one he already helped build is worried too much about the next $5.00 he puts into football.

This is a guy who invented the most prolific sports company on the planet ... he's not writing off his favorite bill board any time soon. Keep dreaming.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

ntxduck said:

LIPO.

LIPO.

Obviously the fan base is good with this move. Do you see anyone besides me and one or two others not praising this hire? A bunch of fucking retards that have no expectations anymore. Play it safe and let Mullens guide the progam back into permanent mediocrity.

what i dont get is this: 'mario got fired unjustly from FIU cause he had beef with the AD'

bammer let mario walk

What I don't get is why you don't get things:

1. FIU is a parking lot program. Programs at places like that slide, and slide fast, all the time. To borrow a Leach'ism, they have less room for error. He took them from absolute nothing to something (relative to the program they are). His issues with Pete Garcia go way back. Anyone with a brain was saying at the time that FIU was stupid to let him go. They went 1–11, 4–8 and a 5-7 record after he left. You could send Peterman to FIU right now, force him to coach for five years, and it's entirely possible, if not probable, that he'd turn in a turd season. It's the nature of the thing.

2. "bammer let mario walk" What does this mean? Programs lose good coaches all the time. What was Saban going to do? I've not heard one person say or write anything suggesting that Alabama was less than thrilled to have him on the staff. He's a bright young coach and he left Alabama for an opportunity. You keep trying to play on something here, but you don't put a lot of meat on the bone boy.

3. It could well be. If I'm Oregon, I absolutely by in to the recruiting angle. Then you cross your fingers and hope he can put together a staff and coach. But you're going nowhere at Oregon without a recruiter. I'm still not at a point where I'm saying, "wow, you passed on _________ to hire this guy?" There is one poaster arguing Norvell. That's it. Nobody is pimping anyone else. So, it makes you wonder, what's the point of the reaction? There was no Chris Peterman out there.
    salemcoog said:

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

ntxduck said:

LIPO.

LIPO.

Yeah, well we have our own problems to worry about Kewg bra.
    doogie said:

Yeah, there's no evidence of that. You're actually better in the Tug, where you're the paid monkey.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    creepy on meth doesn't see a lot of things.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2017

salemcoog said:

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

ntxduck said:

LIPO.

LIPO.

Nah. I won’t lose any sleep when the Canes get their gold tooth kicked in again in their Bowl game.

But the Canes haven’t been shit since their ‘18 signees were filling diapers anyway.

So Richts 7-10 Win Seasons will do just fine for the fighting Shalala fan base.
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

ntxduck said:

LIPO.

LIPO.

Nah. I won’t lose any sleep when the Canes get their gold tooth kicked in again in their Bowl game.

But the Canes haven’t been shit since their ‘18 signees were filling diapers anyway.

So Richts 7-10 Win Seasons will do just fine for the fighting Shalala fan base.
    Not one of your better showings. It's been a rough day for you; hasn't it brother kewg?

You're right: it's been a current recruit's lifetime since the Canes won their fifth title and were robbed of a sixth. I'm surprised you can even mouth the words kewgur.

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701

bammer let mario walk

1. FIU is a parking lot program. Programs at places like that slide, and slide fast, all the time. To borrow a Leach'ism, they have less room for error. He took them from absolute nothing to something (relative to the program they are). His issues with Pete Garcia go way back. Anyone with a brain was saying at the time that FIU was stupid to let him go. They went 1–11, 4–8 and a 5-7 record after he left. You could send Peterman to FIU right now, force him to coach for five years, and it's entirely possible, if not probable, that he'd turn in a turd season. It's the nature of the thing.

2. "bammer let mario walk" What does this mean? Programs lose good coaches all the time. What was Saban going to do? I've not heard one person say or write anything suggesting that Alabama was less than thrilled to have him on the staff. He's a bright young coach and he left Alabama for an opportunity. You keep trying to play on something here, but you don't put a lot of meat on the bone boy.

3. It could well be. If I'm Oregon, I absolutely by in to the recruiting angle. Then you cross your fingers and hope he can put together a staff and coach. But you're going nowhere at Oregon without a recruiter. I'm still not at a point where I'm saying, "wow, you passed on _________ to hire this guy?" There is one poaster arguing Norvell. That's it. Nobody is pimping anyone else. So, it makes you wonder, what's the point of the reaction? There was no Chris Peterman out there.
    Christ, keep your 100% wrong Tequila posts in your own quarantined thread where they belong.

bammer let mario walk

Christ, keep your 100% wrong Tequila posts in your own quarantined thread where they belong.
    Fuck off and rot under a bridge.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    edited December 2017
    haie said:

UPDATED Quook Standings:
    ----------------------------------

@Mosster47 - no longer seems to care.
    @oregonblitzkrieg - still cares.
    @MikeSeaver - cares more than ever.

It was a good run. We beat UW 12 or 13 years in a row. We won the conference 5 or 6 times, played for a couple NC's, won a few big time bowl games, landed a Heisman, etc.

I think Mario in the long run will do a better job than Bill Taggs, but I'm still not sure that will be great.

If Peterman and Leach stick around the Beavs will remain awful and Oregon will win 7-9 games a year like the two Washington schools.

It's not great, but it's not ASU, UA, Colorado, Utah, or UCLA shitty.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    . We beat UW 12 or 13 years in a row

Could have stopped there
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

. We beat UW 12 or 13 years in a row

Could have stopped there

technically, we did
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes