Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wow guys this basketball board is fucking popping

2»

Comments

• ShenexonShenexon Member Posts: 63
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    2001400ex said:

It's likely the day the Syracuse job opens up, he goes back. If he has any success here at all. Regardless of 10 year contract or not.

It's a hotly debated topic in Syracuse as well, but it seems unlikely he'll return. Boeheim won't retire at this point until at least 2022. Mike's parents live on the west coast and I think he wants to be closer to them than northern New York. His kids are going to become more and more connected to Washington and the west coast. If he goes anywhere, southern California seems more likely. I just hope he has success at Washington. He wants to build his own legacy and it will take a while, even if he does well. Nobody will want him if he doesn't win. Let's hope he does well enough that many programs in the east & west want him as their coach. Winning in a big way at UW would be a good problem to have...
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Shenexon said:

FWIW he told me he was thinking about moving back to the west coast and took the opportunity when the Washington job opened up.

Syracuse fan here. Boeheim's most talented son will be playing for SU starting next fall and he won't retire before his son graduates in at least four years. If you're worried about Hopkins going back to Syracuse, I don't think you need to worry much about that. He's been a guy that stayed in one place a long time and think he wants it that way. If he's successful he'll be at UW for a long time.
    It's likely the day the Syracuse job opens up, he goes back. If he has any success here at all. Regardless of 10 year contract or not.
    He was guaranteed to be the next Syracuse coach if he stayed there.

He didn't.

Obviously it's a possibility, but I'd put the odds of him turning down the Cuse job at better than taking it.

If he even does well enough here that they would want him back of course. Which I think he will.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I hope you guys are right. Well I hope he continues to win first. I'm feeling like we lose by 38 today.