Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Shocked the guy we stole from San Jose State didn’t work out.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Shocked the guy we stole from San Jose State didn’t work out.

I'm too lazy to actually look(and the apple cup is on), but if you looked at all the guys on UW's roster, about 2 had legit Pac12 offers. The rest were MWC, WCC, etc. It's not a shock the team isn't competitive
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Crisp had an offer from Butler, Providence, and A&M, among others.

Thybulle was 4 star and had a USC I believe.

Green was 4 star and committed to ASU

Kingma was 1.5 star with offers from Whatcom and Evergreen State

That's just the local guys!
  • DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Anrio Adams had offers from Arizona, Kansas, Uconn...So?

Anrio Adams had offers from Arizona, Kansas, Uconn...So?

Say what you want about Anrio Adams but he will always have that great gif dancing in the Kansas locker room after a big win. That’s timeless.
    Green and Carlos Johnson with 7 and 5 minutes respectively. Looks like Hameir and Carter are getting the bench minutes and looks like Hop is going to go with a seven man rotation sans foul trouble.

Think Green and Baruti definitely sell the couch. Still not sure about Carlos because it seems like he really likes being here. But if he keeps getting 5 min a game he will probably sell the couch as well.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2017

Crisp had an offer from Butler, Providence, and A&M, among others.

Thybulle was 4 star and had a USC I believe.

Green was 4 star and committed to ASU

Kingma was 1.5 star with offers from Whatcom and Evergreen State

That's just the local guys!

So took a few minutes to look. Thybulle was by far the "best" of the recruiting services. Says he was offered by GU/Oregon/Cal/ASU. Crisp doesn't show anything from Butler, but shows TAM.

I also think you need to adjust scout "offers" from committable offers. I have a strange feeling crisp was not offered a ready to commit scholy from butler. Could be wrong, but there are a lot of BS offers that swirl around(especially from DM.C) that aren't real. They are contingent on player X not committing, you're our backup(or back up of back up). Thybulle looks like the one guy on the roster who had a list of schools and probably had a few good offers. He sure looked the part at times, just hasn't worked out.

As a side note, USC and ASU have been dogshit for quite some time(usc just recently showing some pulse), comparing recent offers to the low end of the pac12 is not where UW was for almost a decade prior to romars fall from grace. They were losing(and winning some) battles against the top 10's in the country, not fighting over bargain basement prices.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Green and Carlos Johnson with 7 and 5 minutes respectively. Looks like Hameir and Carter are getting the bench minutes and looks like Hop is going to go with a seven man rotation sans foul trouble.

Think Green and Baruti definitely sell the couch. Still not sure about Carlos because it seems like he really likes being here. But if he keeps getting 5 min a game he will probably sell the couch as well.

Smart move to give Wright the minutes. He has a future at UW. Green does not. Green is maybe the worst player that actually received playing time I have ever seen. Thalo Green was better.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @FreeChavez o ya??? What about kingma? Wanna dispute that?!?!