Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Malachi Flynn

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Soph from Tacoma is leading the PAC-12 with an assist to turnover ratio 22/3 and 14th in scoring at 16.4 ppg.

WSU is 6-0 and Wooden Classic champs.

We didn’t recruit Flynn why, exactly?

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    doogie said:

In fairness to Romar, this kid was tough to find. He’s only played in about 10 games a week and every tournament in the Puget Sound area since he was about 8.

I think his biggest drawback was that he wouldn’t join Brandon Roy’s stable of lil Mossters

Fozzie Sorrell was part of Team BRoy. That didn’t work out well either
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But you guys are on the right track. I'm sure a lifelong Syracuse assistant has a TON of recruiting connections out West. I'ts only a matter of time before UW takes their rightful place in the NIT Final Four.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,105
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

But you guys are on the right track. I'm sure a lifelong Syracuse assistant has a TON of recruiting connections out West. I'ts only a matter of time before UW takes their rightful place in the NIT Final Four.

#BasketballSmack
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

Still an upgrade over Romar.
  • DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    I see that Jamiroquai just quit the team at Oregon State.

Committed to OSU, de-committed, committed to UW, de-committed, re-committed to OSU, quit the team at OSU.

I see a trend. All the more reason why it made no fucking sense to recruit this kid rather than Flynn.

(And, probably a solid reason why we haven't seen his old man peppering message boards with all of his "hot takes" for the last couple of months.)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,730
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Didn't he just plead guilty?
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    DHD said:

Committed to OSU, de-committed, committed to UW, de-committed, re-committed to OSU, quit the team at OSU.

I see a trend. All the more reason why it made no fucking sense to recruit this kid rather than Flynn.

(And, probably a solid reason why we haven't seen his old man peppering message boards with all of his "hot takes" for the last couple of months.)

They suck his dads dick at Dawgman so much. It’s pathetic.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

DHD said:

They suck his dads dick at Dawgman so much. It’s pathetic.
    A dad that can't stay out of his sons way isn't going to work out? I don't think people fully understand how unfortunate we are to have lonzo ball not be a super douche as a kid. If he was like the other 99.9% of kids with ridiculously over bearing fathers they would end up a cluster fuck in life. Somehow lonzo seems normal compared to his brothers through all this shit.

A dad who is out hyping his kid on social media needs a life lesson on what he should be focusing his energy on, being a father.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

Soph from Tacoma is leading the PAC-12 with an assist to turnover ratio 22/3 and 14th in scoring at 16.4 ppg.

WSU is 6-0 and Wooden Classic champs.

We didn’t recruit Flynn why, exactly?

While I would love to give romar even more shit than possible, i don't think this was a recruiting failure(for once). The year before flynn was added we added crisp. In the same class as flynn, we had some dude named fultz. If i was flynn, why would i go to a middling team with zero opportunity to play when i could go to a middling team with all the opportunity to play?

I'm not shocked he passed on UW or why UW didn't bother to recruit him with a top 5 player who plays the same position.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited December 2017
    UW didn’t land a top 5 player at the same position now, did they.

Romar tried. It’s hard.