Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If TCU gets in over us....

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
...after that shitshow yesterday, I am killing everything. Scorched Earth. Purified with fire level shit. Not kidding.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

The only argument TCU has over us is they have a better road win. They won at Okie State (their best win rather easily). We have no road wins to speak of (seriously, our best road win is probably at Colorado).

That's one argument in TCU's favor. But outside of that, our quality win is ranked higher than theirs (barely), we have fewer losses which mitigates their edge in SOS, and our computer numbers are all superior where it matters (systems that factor margin of victory).

We should be in over them.

Punishing TCU for playing an extra game against a playoff team is fucking stupid.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

...after that shitshow yesterday, I am killing everything. Scorched Earth. Purified with fire level shit. Not kidding.

FREE PUB!!!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    If TCU gets in over us, I’ll see you all in Church
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

The only argument TCU has over us is they have a better road win. They won at Okie State (their best win rather easily). We have no road wins to speak of (seriously, our best road win is probably at Colorado).

That's one argument in TCU's favor. But outside of that, our quality win is ranked higher than theirs (barely), we have fewer losses which mitigates their edge in SOS, and our computer numbers are all superior where it matters (systems that factor margin of victory).

Punishing TCU for playing an extra game against a playoff team is fucking stupid.
    Should we just pretend that the game didn't happen?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    doogie said:

If TCU gets in over us, I’ll see you all in jail

Mayhem

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Should we just pretend that the game didn't happen?
    The committee sure didn't for Colorado last year. They were like 9 or something going into the P12 title games against us. Played in the Alamo Bowl.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s the whole resume versus eye test ... UW would beat TCU by 14-17 points rather easily ... but at the same time, I can make an argument that TCU’s resume is better than UW’s
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

It’s the whole resume versus eye test ... UW would beat TCU by 14-17 points rather easily ... but at the same time, I can make an argument that TCU’s resume is better than UW’s

Either way, chinteresting...
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

You could argue the big 12 is shit. Maybe even shittier than the Pac. At least our league has *some* defense.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Will you do that injun thing where you hang by your nipples in a tee pee in protest? Or will you be that one tear looking at a pile of garbage injun?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I’d put Washington above ... but seeing how much respect USC got in the final rankings makes me wonder how much respect we will get ...

Could see the committee just conclude Oklahoma is really good and a bad matchup for TCU and not punishing severely
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Will you do that injun thing where you hang by your nipples in a tee pee in protest? Or will you be that one tear looking at a pile of garbage injun?
    One tear. I respect my nipples too much to hurt them.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

One tear. I respect my nipples too much to hurt them.
    I was hoping for painfully stretched nipples.