Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington-Rutgers Game Thread Sponsored by Orkin

1636465666769»

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gwad said:

Tedford is such a good coach, we were just spoiled in 2016.

EVEN after turning fresyes from 1-11 to 10-3 in one year, there are still those among the UW fanbase who would downplay his impact here. you know it. i know it.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Gwad said:

Tedford is such a good coach, we were just spoiled in 2016.

EVEN after turning fresyes from 1-11 to 10-3 in one year, there are still those among the UW fanbase who would downplay his impact here. you know it. i know it.
    Tedford would've always been at the top of the Mountain West. Cal is always lots of offense, especially passing offense, and defense is always second rate. Very much like the Mountain West, where average D is rated as great.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2017

If we simply fired our piece of shit "pass first" offensive coordinator, the team would instantly be better and UW would have put up another 14 points last night, at least. Smiffy believes you should throw the ball on 1st and goal at the 7, to open up the run. Then, when UW does run the ball, they pause in the backfield, poorly executing the stupid RPO - as if the opposing D-Line is confused or gives a shit what play it is. 3 seconds after the snap, Coleman is tip-toeing behind his tackle's ass, trying to run through a 2 inch wide hole.

This is what we get with a former Oregon State QB as our O.C. He demonstrates zero faith in his offensive line, then calls pass protection blocking schemes on running plays instead of having Coleman dive through the holes like the battering ram he is, trucking opposing linebackers for 9 yards at a time.

What we saw last night, without a solitary fucking doubt, was the true Jonathon Smiff, left to his own devices, without Tedford standing behind him, hand on his back, ready to push him out of the skybox, head first. Unfortunately, I expect to see this shit-show all year long.

9-3, Mid-Tier Bowl Year.

Bumpy good at everything
    edit: bloody mary's are good all day
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fuck this, Go Vols!!

Bump
    dongman said:

The secondary hits so god damn hard with their leading shoulders they are gonna be unfairly flagged in the Pac12 conference games.

Also bump

Oh man. Just turned this on. Haha

Willie T is licking his chops

That one is a gem.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    doogville said:

FUCK YES ROAD TO THE GODDAMN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP STARTS RIGHT NOW!

DOOG

DOOG

DOOOOOOOOOGGGGG

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

doogville said:

FUCK YES ROAD TO THE GODDAMN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP STARTS RIGHT NOW!

DOOG

DOOG

DOOOOOOOOOGGGGG

Looks like Jake got a little stuck in a Rut.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,913
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I attended this game. Not a bad place for an away game. I was at the Jersey Shore that morning, tailgated late afternoon / early evening, and witnessed what was probably the most distant Husky win since the “whammy.”
  • Options
    KimsCopperPennyKimsCopperPenny Member Posts: 221
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I attended this game. Not a bad place for an away game. I was at the Jersey Shore that morning, tailgated late afternoon / early evening, and witnessed what was probably the most distant Husky win since the “whammy.”

Why do you hate beating Syracuse in Jack Lockner’s finest hour?