Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Remind me about our NY6 chances...

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,487
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

*teepee's

*teepees

Plural, not possessive - you need to learn the difference.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Really we need Wisconsin to win to. Not because of UW but because of Alabama. If Ohio State wins, Bama makes playoffs as second SEC team. Fuck Bama.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Mad_Son said:

I suppose if Ohio state was obliterated then that would be better for us but in a realistic scenario Ohio state beating Wisconsin is more likely to "expose" Wisconsin than ohio State substantially dropping. Ohio state probably has the most benefit of the doubt of any program

Wisconsin is going to a NY6 bowl no matter if they lose 100-0. Ohio State probably is too, but them missing out is at least in the realm of possibility.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,262
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'd also like to see how we stack up to Georgia if Georgia loses again today.

Their ND win is better than our WSU win, but not significantly. Their next best win is Miss St, who is 24, while we beat #25 Fresno. So if Fresno wins they may jump over Miss St.

Of course, Georgia got blown the fuck out in their loss, and hopefully do so again today, while we lost closely and stupidly. Wonder if the committee gets to the details of "Washington lost twice, both on road, once on a short week and once against a team coming off a bye, and lost both by 1 score."
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,778
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Bleach-er Report has us out. Bleacher Report is my source. I think if Texas Muslim loses big we might have an okay chance. Someone said that already. If Memphis beats UCF that might help too. Stop losing to loser teams like ASU and this wouldn't be an issue!\

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2746952-bowl-projections-2017-predictions-for-cfp-championship-and-biggest-matchups

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye said:

SO are we all assuming Tree gets in over us? I thought we were 13 in the latest pole, no? So we only need one team to drop below us, correct? Why wouldn't it just be Stanford?

I get a TCU loss is better because they didn't beat us head to head, but Tree is still a 4 loss team now.

We probably jump ahead of Stanford, but they played USC close so who knows. The thought it teams won't get punished for playing in a conference championship game unless they get blown out.

I might be wrong, but I believe the top-12 teams go to a NY6 game, but they leave a spot open for a G5 team with a pulse, this year that's UCF. So really we'd have to move to #11, leaving a spot open for UCF/Memphis. Not impossible since TCU is currently #11 and Stanford #12. Just hope TCU is murdered and raped by Oklahoma, and Stanford drops one spot.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,487
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

*teepee's

*teepees

Plural, not possessive - you need to learn the difference.
    English isn't even my first language. Dick.
    English isn't even my second language, dick!
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    tcu doing well so far
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    And by well, you mean they're prepping to be boat raced.
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    Wow. Watching this game makes me think the Big 12 is the old WAC’s big brother. All O zero D.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    The Big 12 sucks
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Go OKIES GO BADGERS
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    horned MBAs on the verge of getting face fucked by okie twice.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,529
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All I have to say is the B1210 is the most over-rated piece of shit league other than the Homos. That being said, Jake Browning sucks Homo St or a Demolished TCU will get selected before the Dawgs
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,059
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

All I have to say is the B1210 is the most over-rated piece of shit league other than the Homos. That being said, Jake Browning sucks Homo St or a Demolished TCU will get selected before the Dawgs

If they select TCU after this turd sandwich they are laying, then burn this whole fuckign system down.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    when is that dong thing you mentioned happening? i'm around all weekend.

Mad_Son said:

No upsets except ohio state over Wisconsin

Wisconsin needs to blow Ohio State out, destroy their qb's season ending injury to both drop them below 13. <--- Huh?

Browning Still Sucks </p>
    Gotta say, I'm with Swaye. Engrish please? I caught 80% of that.
    edited December 2017
    whlinder said:

I'd also like to see how we stack up to Georgia if Georgia loses again today.

Their ND win is better than our WSU win, but not significantly. Their next best win is Miss St, who is 24, while we beat #25 Fresno. So if Fresno wins they may jump over Miss St.

Of course, Georgia got blown the fuck out in their loss, and hopefully do so again today, while we lost closely and stupidly. Wonder if the committee gets to the details of "Washington lost twice, both on road, once on a short week and once against a team coming off a bye, and lost both by 1 score."

If I'm looking for the pretty bowl win over the big name team that's not really that good, I'm looking to draw Penn State or Georgia pretty much anywhere.

Georgia is in my view the biggest name/pretender combo out there. PSU right behind them.

Drawing Bamers to me is the biggest nightmare. Ohio State and Urban scare me until they don't. Anyone who gets a W over Wisky will get the "yeah, they were exposed; shitty schedule, blah blah blah" response.