Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    All salient points.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Can someone define salient? Does it have anything to do with sex? If not, don't bother.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Swaye said:

Can someone define salient? Does it have anything to do with sex? If not, don't bother.

Definitions of salient

Salient, from the Latin verb salire "to leap," was originally used in English to refer to leaping animals such as a frog or deer and may still be used this way. Often, however, it is used in math or geography to mean protruding. A salient angle juts outward rather than inward.

1) adj. having a quality that thrusts itself into attention
    “Those Wigwam pics are giving me this salient bulge in my sweatpants. BRB, JO.”

Figuratively, it means noticeable or prominent. When giving an argument, make your most salient points at the beginning or the end.

“TL;DR post, though your most salient point was Jake Browning sucks.”
    I'm chintrigued at the thought of you having a bulge.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Definitions of salient

Salient, from the Latin verb salire "to leap," was originally used in English to refer to leaping animals such as a frog or deer and may still be used this way. Often, however, it is used in math or geography to mean protruding. A salient angle juts outward rather than inward.

Figuratively, it means noticeable or prominent. When giving an argument, make your most salient points at the beginning or the end.

Putting the major into the majora
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    edited November 2017

Swaye said:

Definitions of salient

We all have ‘em.

Happy Thanksgiving

http://twitter.com/theladybulge
    It's hard. Apparently for me too.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2017
    Swaye said:

"Salient" is the present participle of "saliate", as in "she saliated my balls while we were in a 69. Afterwards, my balls were, of course, salient."

You don't develop this level of vocabulary on the Rez. That's private school shit.

You're welcome @Swaye !
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Definitions of salient

We all have ‘em.

Happy Thanksgiving

https://mobile.twitter.com/theladybulge?lang=en
    If those pics are you, we need to talk. Pretty sure CLS is on the way out and all...
    Founders Club
    Also just glad to know salient IS sexual, and the bored chick schooled me. Lady wood. Who knew that was real?
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

"Salient" is the present participle of "saliate", as in "she saliated my balls while we were in a 69. Afterwards, my balls were, of course, salient."

You don't develop this level of vocabulary on the Rez. That's private school shit.

You're welcome @Swaye !
    On the res they only taught us drinking games during school time.