Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oh oh Alabama

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
As some of you know I have been watching almost every Bama game for years now since Saban arrived. They have gone through some interesting changes in personnel and perception over the years

Its always been about the defense but there was a time where if a QB got his zone reads down it got ugly in a hurry for Bama. Auburn got two SEC titles with the spread. There was always talk about how Saban was changing his recruiting to adapt to it

And he did. When you get first pick for 25 players every year it can accelerate the process. He recruited two all pro defensive lines to stay fresh and recruited the rest of the D to be big and fast and nasty in space. He beat the spread while not exposing the belly of his D.

He has lost two of the last three titles to Elliot and Ohio State and the transcendent Watson at Clemson. But as we? found out and are seeing again this year, mere mortals on offense have no shot regardless of scheme.

Recently Bama is hearing it on offense in particular the QB. Nowhere near as bad as us but when you're picking flaws on the best around you have to look.

Non offensive touchdowns complete the play book there

What the fuck am I talking about? Well, watching the game we have a defense that is strong enough up the middle to stop the run and fast enough to stop the spread. A Rosen is not an issue. Even in our epic ass kicking by ASU we gave up 13 points. Most would agree our defense is championship level.

The only team to have more punt returns that us (Pettis) is Bama with 9. We score on defense. If we were on CBS 4 times a year people would talk about the Husky D.

Obviously we have offensive issues. But they can be fixed. I think we will have a strong D because we are deep and recruit and develop well on that side of the ball.

We will win the league this year with a retarded offense. But to win it all we need our Billy Joe to go with our great running backs. Mario Bailey and Orlando McKay are welcome too

Mods might want to move this to the Higher Discussion Bored

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    See the old folks tyin white ropes
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

See the old folks tyin white ropes

A 'bammer fan don't need old man Race watching their games anyhow.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

As some of you know I have been watching almost every Bama game for years now since Saban arrived. They have gone through some interesting changes in personnel and perception over the years

Its always been about the defense but there was a time where if a QB got his zone reads down it got ugly in a hurry for Bama. Auburn got two SEC titles with the spread. There was always talk about how Saban was changing his recruiting to adapt to it

And he did. When you get first pick for 25 players every year it can accelerate the process. He recruited two all pro defensive lines to stay fresh and recruited the rest of the D to be big and fast and nasty in space. He beat the spread while not exposing the belly of his D.

He has lost two of the last three titles to Elliot and Ohio State and the transcendent Watson at Clemson. But as we? found out and are seeing again this year, mere mortals on offense have no shot regardless of scheme.

Recently Bama is hearing it on offense in particular the QB. Nowhere near as bad as us but when you're picking flaws on the best around you have to look.

What the fuck am I talking about? Well, watching the game we have a defense that is strong enough up the middle to stop the run and fast enough to stop the spread. A Rosen is not an issue. Even in our epic ass kicking by ASU we gave up 13 points. Most would agree our defense is championship level.

The only team to have more punt returns that us (Pettis) is Bama with 9. We score on defense. If we were on CBS 4 times a year people would talk about the Husky D.

Obviously we have offensive issues. But they can be fixed. I think we will have a strong D because we are deep and recruit and develop well on that side of the ball.

We will win the league this year with a retarded offense. But to win it all we need our Billy Joe to go with our great running backs. Mario Bailey and Orlando McKay are welcome too

Disagree

Disagree
    Like pumpy, your best not doing football stuff
    Thank you for appreciating the annoyance.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah Auburn needed 28 points to be in that position
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    @Tequilla, true?!?!11!??!21(2!!
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Even if we win out, doubt the "committee" puts us into the top 4.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

Hawwwt Passion take.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah Auburn needed 28 points to be in that position

Doesn't change the fact that it's one of the greatest CF Gifs of all time. Shit, I bet that one is to 'Bama Half Brains, what JakeBrowningPeachBowlPick.Gif is to our kind.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017

Passion said:

I want to win the Pac 12 and beat USC.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Just focus on winning the division.
    Passion said:

Oh look, it's last year's terrible take!
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Do you think Nick Saban would lose to Arizona State University after his first year? Me neither. USC is and will be the only program on the west coast that can dance with a juggernaut SEC program. They have Clay Helton so the west coast is just shit football to America, because it is.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Do you think Nick Saban would lose to Arizona State University after his first year? Me neither. USC is and will be the only program on the west coast that can dance with a juggernaut SEC program. They have Clay Helton so the west coast is just shit football to America, because it is.

if the PNW was littered with shitton of big black kids. I don't think pete would lose either. Problem for him, he has to be able to recruit talented DL which are fucking rare in his region.