Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Helfrich = Bellotti

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
edited November 2013 in College Football Forum
The Sun Bowl is going to be special.

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    At best, he might not even be that good.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I've always been an optimist
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,375
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Another example of why coaching matters
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    FireSlingblade.com
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Blitzkreig's silence speaks volumns
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Helfrich may turn out be a Sark, moving us down into mediocrity, like Sark moved the Huskies up into mediocrity. How much time should he be given? I don't think Oregon can afford to give him any more than next year to right the ship. Too much at stake.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Helfrich may turn out be a Sark, moving us down into mediocrity, like Sark moved the Huskies up into mediocrity. How much time should he be given? I don't think Oregon can afford to give him any more than next year to right the ship. Too much at stake.

You give him five years. Every coach DESERVES five years to prove himself. It takes time to change a culture, establish your own system and get your own guys in.

Can't we just be happy with 9-2?

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    We will know more next year, but Helfrich is looking like he might be your guys Lambright. If so, your next hire will be crucial. If you bungle that one, you might have a Try Willingham debacle ten years later.
    Swaye said:

We will know more next year, but Helfrich is looking like he might be your guys Lambright. If so, your next hire will be crucial. If you bungle that one, you might have a Try Willingham debacle ten years later.

Their advantage is that Helfrich won't be able to milk the sanctions excuse like Lambo did. He's not going to get six years of mediocrity like Lambright.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Their advantage is that Helfrich won't be able to milk the sanctions excuse like Lambo did. He's not going to get six years of mediocrity like Lambright.

Good point, but is Oregon cut throat enough to fire Helfrich for being a 9-3 type coach? I'm not so sure, and it will be interesting to watch because I think that's the path he is headed down.

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Good point, but is Oregon cut throat enough to fire Helfrich for being a 9-3 type coach? I'm not so sure, and it will be interesting to watch because I think that's the path he is headed down.

Not this year. He gets 3 years minimum unless they pull a 2013 Florida next season.