Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Verlander has pitched over 2,500 innings

2»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Just got to Minute Maid park for game 1. Go Dodgers! Or “doyers” if your native language is spanish. LOL1!1 I’ve been on the Dodger bandwagon for a long time now and I am not letting you on anytime soon. Just glad to rid myself of the shame, humiliation and stench of being a mariner fan for 40 years or so. Btw, Houston is a putrid and disgusting place.

So the gurgle was fine with you all along then?
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

Just got to Minute Maid park for game 1. Go Dodgers! Or “doyers” if your native language is spanish. LOL1!1 I’ve been on the Dodger bandwagon for a long time now and I am not letting you on anytime soon. Just glad to rid myself of the shame, humiliation and stench of being a mariner fan for 40 years or so. Btw, Houston is a putrid and disgusting place.

So the gurgle was fine with you all along then?
    Yes. I hate Houston. It’s like berlin in 1948. Burned out. Outdated. Lots of cranes for ridiculous new construction. No downtown; bars, pubs, bistros, liquor marts. Nothing. The Marriott in riverside is far superior to the Houston four seasons. Enron field is now Minute Maid park — gurgle Enron. Gurgle Houston.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    What if Tanaka opts out? Can give him a 5 year, $110 million deal if they aren't willing to go 6/$150 with Darvish.

If they go a more spread out way, I could see them going trying to get Lance Lynn, Carlos Santana, and Alex Cobb.

But Darvish or Tanaka (especially Darvish) would greatly help with Othani. Othani will be below market due to the international posting rules so paying up big for Darvish (maybe giving him an opt-out after year 2 if he out-performs or the M's suck) isn't as painful.

Anyway, if the M's aren't going to go all-in, they should just suck it up and rebuild (trading Cano and Cruz, maybe Paxton too).
    Baseman said:

HFNY said:

The chances will greatly improve if the spend more money. They had a $171 million payroll this year and have $139 million committed next year so if push spending to at least $195 million (that would be #6 in spending in 2017), Dipoto could add some real pieces without forfeiting picks.

Signing Yu Darvish to a 2 or 3 year deal could possibly help get Othani. Othani is relatively cheap but may have to pay Darvish $20-$25 million per.

Carlos Gomez could also be worth a look at CF. That would mean letting go of Heredia and / or not resigning Dyson but need to get more production out of CF and / or LF. A healthy Haniger will do well in RF. Gamel needs to improve his defense to be the every day LF or else he'd be better off as the 4th OF, backing up Haniger and the new starter in LF.

Another option could be to leave the OF as is with Haniger in RF backed up by Gamel and Gamel / Dyson / Heredia covering LF and Dyson / Heredia covering CF and focusing the money on a 1B like Carlos Santana with a 2 or 3 year deal. He's from the DR so probably knows Cano and Cruz well and he's a switcher hitter. Could then trade Vogelbach for pitching or a AAA OF prospect equivalent.

It remains to be seen if they have will to push $200 million in payroll, chances aren't the best...yeah and no shit, WIW.

Lol

Markets on Darvish/Gomez
    Darvish: 5yrs x $25m + vesting option, will likely command opt out and a front loaded deal.
    Gomez: 4yrs x $15m

Even if Seattle bids and lands Darvish, they still need two more top starters. Paxton can’t stay healthy. Felix is probably now a #4 if he can stay healthy.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Game 7 in the
    HFNY said:

What if Tanaka opts out? Can give him a 5 year, $110 million deal if they aren't willing to go 6/$150 with Darvish.

If they go a more spread out way, I could see them going trying to get Lance Lynn, Carlos Santana, and Alex Cobb.

But Darvish or Tanaka (especially Darvish) would greatly help with Othani. Othani will be below market due to the international posting rules so paying up big for Darvish (maybe giving him an opt-out after year 2 if he out-performs or the M's suck) isn't as painful.

Anyway, if the M's aren't going to go all-in, they should just suck it up and rebuild (trading Cano and Cruz, maybe Paxton too).

Baseman said:

HFNY said:

The chances will greatly improve if the spend more money. They had a $171 million payroll this year and have $139 million committed next year so if push spending to at least $195 million (that would be #6 in spending in 2017), Dipoto could add some real pieces without forfeiting picks.

Signing Yu Darvish to a 2 or 3 year deal could possibly help get Othani. Othani is relatively cheap but may have to pay Darvish $20-$25 million per.

Carlos Gomez could also be worth a look at CF. That would mean letting go of Heredia and / or not resigning Dyson but need to get more production out of CF and / or LF. A healthy Haniger will do well in RF. Gamel needs to improve his defense to be the every day LF or else he'd be better off as the 4th OF, backing up Haniger and the new starter in LF.

Another option could be to leave the OF as is with Haniger in RF backed up by Gamel and Gamel / Dyson / Heredia covering LF and Dyson / Heredia covering CF and focusing the money on a 1B like Carlos Santana with a 2 or 3 year deal. He's from the DR so probably knows Cano and Cruz well and he's a switcher hitter. Could then trade Vogelbach for pitching or a AAA OF prospect equivalent.

It remains to be seen if they have will to push $200 million in payroll, chances aren't the best...yeah and no shit, WIW.

Lol

Markets on Darvish/Gomez
    Darvish: 5yrs x $25m + vesting option, will likely command opt out and a front loaded deal.
    Gomez: 4yrs x $15m

Even if Seattle bids and lands Darvish, they still need two more top starters. Paxton can’t stay healthy. Felix is probably now a #4 if he can stay healthy.
    Yu Darvish is the perfect mariner for 2018. .500 in august? A game out of first? He’s the guy to guide him the Ms’ next season collapse!
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseball sucks. But, seriously, a two page thread on Justin Verlander and no pics of Kate Upton. If I was banging that fine ass, I sure as fuck would be energized enough to pitch 2500 innings.

You all are fags.

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Btw, Houston is a putrid and disgusting place.

Took me a while to see this. Fuck off and die.