Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM from @TyJones

12346»

Comments

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Looks like Ty Jones seems pretty solid, for now. Tweeted a bunch of UW stuff (Guessing he just got done with his in home with Bush). We're still gonna have to keep this guy, though. Lots of teams are gonna try to get him... ND, Ohio St.

Any thoughts on Davis coming?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    tvoie said:

Looks like Ty Jones seems pretty solid, for now. Tweeted a bunch of UW stuff (Guessing he just got done with his in home with Bush). We're still gonna have to keep this guy, though. Lots of teams are gonna try to get him... ND, Ohio St.

He is doing the west coast free dinner tour. Fuck, i want this big fuck to replace Jake E, but not happening.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    tvoie said:

If Davis was just visiting UW, I'd feel really good about our chances; especially since he's already visited Ohio St. But if he's visiting the LA schools too, we have zero chance.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

tvoie said:

If Davis was just visiting UW, I'd feel really good about our chances; especially since he's already visited Ohio St. But if he's visiting the LA schools too, we have zero chance.
    Well let's see what happens if he visits. Not likely, but if he comes, UW takes their best shot.
  • Options
    DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Looks like Wyatt Davis is trying to recruit Ty Jones to Ohio State.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Well let's see what happens if he visits. Not likely, but if he comes, UW takes their best shot.
    We've done very well with highly regarded OL recruits. I'm sure it'll go well.
    I laffed.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    OSU just had WR Jaylen Harris commit. I have no idea if that makes it less likely for Jones to consider them.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Supposedly Wyatt had to bag his visit because Ohio State got pissed.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

Good. I'm hoping a lot of schools will institute this kind of policy so recruits will stop acting like a bunch of twats.
    Up voted for using twats
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like Ohio State just picked up a 4 star receiver not named Ty Jones. @Dennis_DeYoung can pull the barrel out of his mouth now.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Good. I'm hoping a lot of schools will institute this kind of policy so recruits will stop acting like a bunch of twats.
    So sayeth CuntWaffle.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

There are some companies that are able to hire based on the "best and brightest" where they take from only a select number of schools ... that's their culture and probably their best bet going forward to make sure that they are getting like minded people. To each their own. Fortunately there are more than a few different companies out there.

I can definitely say that part of the reason that I ended up at TCU for grad school was because I went to the University of Washington for undergrad. As TCU was building up their MBA program, they specifically targeted the non-traditional MBA student by looking at taking students that would be in 5-7 years the students that would be populating many of the more elite MBA programs and getting them into their program earlier. They were right place and right time for a number of us in the program ...

The thing is that schools whether or undergrad or grad programs are all about fitting into what it is that you're looking for going forward. From an educational standpoint, what I learned going through the Foster School of Business at UW prepared me very well for what I saw at TCU in the MBA program. What Foster didn't prepare me well for in advancing into the business world were the soft skills necessary to being successful whether it was managing relationships, working in teams in a professional environment, networking, etc. TCU's MBA program put us in those positions on a constant basis that exposed areas where we were weak and gave us plenty of opportunities to improve upon them. Other programs have very different focuses and they fit a certain student.

The reality is that what an undergrad degree gives you is a foundation to build on as you start your career in whatever field that you are in. It doesn't matter what school you come from you're not walking out of that program and going into the business world (as anything really other than an entrepreneur) where you're going to by far know better what to do than anybody around you. You just can't. It's impossible. But the decisions that you make regarding school, degree, etc. do provide you opportunities if you play your cards well to get your foot in the door, networking opportunities, and further educational opportunities. But there are successful people that come from every school with numerous different degrees ... so in the end it matters, but not THAT much.

Just added another WTF to the source