Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Another Espn handjob to a euro player fully knowing success rate is less than 2%. I can’t blame them as this is the one time to try to monetize the player before people realize he’s terrible.

I’ll take my chances on porter jr vs a euro
  • BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Another Espn handjob to a euro player fully knowing success rate is less than 2%. I can’t blame them as this is the one time to try to monetize the player before people realize he’s terrible.

I’ll take my chances on porter jr vs a euro

I'm guessing you haven't watched him. Doncic is by far the most accomplished Euro player at his age in the modern era. There isn't much to compare him to. I'll take the guy putting up solid numbers as a 17 year old against the best teams in the world outside of the NBA, and led his national team to a Eurobasket win over much bigger countries with NBA starters and perhaps borderline stars, over guys who have only proven that they can dunk on high school and AAU kids.

PorterJr would have to have pretty much everything go right this year to get picked ahead of Doncic. Bagley has a better chance of going #1 than PorterJr but is still an underdog to Doncic.

BTW, the Euros who usually bust are the ones who are the ones drafted for their tools, but who haven't produced at a high level in Europe, like Darko.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I haven't "watched" him,(so no full games) other than highlights that are available on the interwebs. What counts as accomplishment in europe means top dick in the nba. I can bore you with an incredibly long list of players who come from top international levels with deep high level europeon/international experience with incredible hype...you know, like Vesley, Valančiūnas, saric, exum, biyombo, Hezonja and the latest legends to be Papagiannis and bender. The majority of these guys are top 5 picks and have done very little but wash balls and towels in the league.

Two shining stars of somewhat early picks Antetokounmpo and Porziiiiingusss were drafted 8 and 11.

My point being there are very few euro's who are drafted and adjust to the NBA. Whether it is lifestyle(you mention darko, but this is a real thing), the game is a much different style than europe, or maybe they are like a lot of overhyped 17/18/19 years olds and just end up sucking(just like college guys), but let's spare the hyperbole about the euro competition. It's watered down guys who can't make an NBA roster and a few standouts. It basically the D(or now G)-League if you allowed kids aged 16 and older play against competition. You'd find a Porter or Bender doing very well against almost NBA players and he's only 17!!!!!!

If Porter or Bender has a dominate year in college basketball I would have no problem taking one of them over Donic. Donic could be a fine player, but I'm also aware the success rate of International players in the nba is not high.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Porter is 6'10", plenty athletic, and can really shoot. He's a rare talent. I haven't seen the other guys, but it's hard for me to believe either guy is on Porter's level. He has a rare and advanced skill set for a kid his size.
  • BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2017
    This euro guy can ball. He's got brick squad's approval