Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Abortion for Me, And Not For Thee

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
Member of the House Pro-Life Cockus heard from

Anti-abortion congressman urged his mistress to have one, report says
PITTSBURGH - An anti-abortion congressman asked a woman with whom he was having an extramarital affair to get an abortion when he thought she might be pregnant, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said it obtained text messages between Republican U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania and Shannon Edwards. A Jan. 25 text message from Edwards said the congressman had “zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” according to the paper.

A text message from Murphy’s number in response said the staff was responsible for his anti-abortion messages: “I’ve never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don’t write any more.”

Edwards, it turned out, wasn’t pregnant.

Murphy’s spokeswoman had no comment on the report.

The revelation came as the House on Tuesday approved Republican legislation that would make it a crime to perform an abortion after 20 weeks of fetal development. Murphy, a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus, is among its co-sponsors. He avoided the media in Washington after voting for the legislation, and efforts by reporters to talk to him were unsuccessful

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like a jilted lover.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,686
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What does that have to do with legislation on 20 weeks. Many of your favorite Euro countries have that law
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    AZDuck said:

PITTSBURGH - An anti-abortion congressman asked a woman with whom he was having an extramarital affair to get an abortion when he thought she might be pregnant, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said it obtained text messages between Republican U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania and Shannon Edwards. A Jan. 25 text message from Edwards said the congressman had “zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” according to the paper.

A text message from Murphy’s number in response said the staff was responsible for his anti-abortion messages: “I’ve never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don’t write any more.”

The revelation came as the House on Tuesday approved Republican legislation that would make it a crime to perform an abortion after 20 weeks of fetal development. Murphy, a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus, is among its co-sponsors. He avoided the media in Washington after voting for the legislation, and efforts by reporters to talk to him were unsuccessful

I gotta do it, bruh. YKW.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,686
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

What does that have to do with legislation on 20 weeks. Many of your favorite Euro countries have that law

It's just your standard issue hypocrisy. I like to be a GOP Rep who is on the Pro-Life Cockus and tell my mistress to get an abortion when she thinks I knocked her up. It's what I like to do.
    Water is wet. Dems pass tax laws and cheat on their taxes. Film at 11

20 weeks isn't pro life life. Its still an abortion
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

AZDuck said:

It's just your standard issue hypocrisy. I like to be a GOP Rep who is on the Pro-Life Cockus and tell my mistress to get an abortion when she thinks I knocked her up. It's what I like to do.

Yet, another issue where there can't be a logical and reasonable solution. It should be safe, legal (up to a certain date) and rare. It shouldn't be legal after 20 weeks unless the Mom's life is in danger. Christopher Hitchen's one of my favorite left wingers and former Marxist, once said that at a certain point someone has to speak for the rights of the fetus- i.e., it's not all about what the mother's right to privacy and reproductive decisions.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This has nothing to do with the bill restricting abortion to 20 weeks. Abortion is already illegal past the date of viability. This is a push from the Republicans to actually do nothing while low information voters like @doogie and @Sledog can cheer that their Republicans pushing their agenda.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    https://murphy.house.gov/s2007/murphy-salutes-pro-life-heroes/

“Thirty-four years ago the Supreme Court ruled against the sanctity of life and against the rights of the unborn,” said Congressman Tim Murphy. “Three decades later we are still fighting to reverse the decision. But there is hope. When I look out and see tens of thousands of people in the streets of Washington D.C. who have chosen life and will continue to stand up for the most innocent and defenseless, the unborn, I know these children have a voice. And as is evident today, it is a very loud voice. Together we can continue to spread this hope and let families know that choosing life is the right choice and the only choice because every child is wanted.”

Such a hero!!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,467

Good God Race don't inject any common sense into a Hondo discussion!
    Sledog said:

Good God Race don't inject any common sense into a Hondo discussion!
    Hi! If you read the rest of the thread. That bill does nothing.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited October 2017

AZDuck said:

I gotta do it, bruh. YKW.

And that's fair.

Apparently she's a forensic psychologist. I'm going to put her on my experts shortlist.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

AZDuck said:

Yet, another issue where there can't be a logical and reasonable solution. It should be safe, legal (up to a certain date) and rare. It shouldn't be legal after 20 weeks unless the Mom's life is in danger. Christopher Hitchen's one of my favorite left wingers and former Marxist, once said that at a certain point someone has to speak for the rights of the fetus- i.e., it's not all about what the mother's right to privacy and reproductive decisions.
    I did not start this to have a fucking abortion discussion. You can hijack my thread to demand pics of the mistress all you want, but if you're just here to talk about the ethics and morality of abortion you won't last long.

Also, I think only people with uteruses should be allowed to legislate on the abortion issue.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

I did not start this to have a fucking abortion discussion. You can hijack my thread to demand pics of the mistress all you want, but if you're just here to talk about the ethics and morality of abortion you won't last long.

Also, I think only people with uteruses should be allowed to legislate on the abortion issue.
    I know someone who has a uterus; I'm just echoing their sentiments.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    AZDuck said:

Like when good ol' Bernie wanted to raise taxes on the rich, while he paid 13.5%, and his wife then being investigated over tax fraud? It goes both ways. It's stupid, but to assume a politician is going to stand behind his/her stump speeches when it effects them is even more stupid. They all need to go.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I read Hardcore Husky which makes me highly informed.

I don't speak for the GOP nor do I know what their agenda may be.

Anything else you want to be wrong about today?
    doogie said:

I read Hardcore Husky which makes me highly informed.

I don't speak for the GOP nor do I know what their agenda may be.

Anything else you want to be wrong about today?

Right. You prefer to troll the pages of zerohedge for conspiracy theories.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    If I get no say in whether the chick has the abortion I shouldn't have to pay shit if I don't want to raise the little bastard.

Although I will keep tabs on my illegitimate kids and then swoop in and be a loving long lost father if a couple of them show promise.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I hold out hope Tug Tavern is where abortion issues will one day be solved and we shall all find peace