Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Grand Re-Opening of Renovated Husky Stadium game time set for 7 PM

digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited May 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Wow. Summertime in Seattle, weather should be beautiful, some of the greatest views in all of sports, $250 million stadium renovation, on and on... and they set game time for 7 PM PST, on some random new channel called Fox Sports 1.

Not only that, but we're competing against two other, possibly three Pac-12 games on TV in Nevada at UCLA, 7 p.m., Pac-12 Networks; Northwestern at Cal, 7:30 p.m., ESPN2; and Washington State at Auburn TBD. Yet 0regon has the 1 PM slot versus fucking Nicholls State on Fox Sports 1, with no other Pac-12 games on @ that time. UNFUCKINGBELEIVABLE.

Either UW football has truly become this irrelevant and the TV stations didn't think it'd be that big of a draw, or Scott Woodward totally dropped the ball, or a combination of the two. Either way, the whole thing blows.

Christ on a cracker, I can't take much more of this shit. I really can't. I'm about to give up on the whole damn program. Talk me off the ledge or push me off. After the previous 13 years of Husky football, I really don't care anymore. Fuck it all.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,947
    Founders Club
    I hope Comcast will have Fox Sports 1. After last season we can't assume anything when it comes to TV coverage.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,851
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    FS1 (I like to call Fox Sports 1 FS1, it's what I like to do) is supposed to take the Versus network and should be available on Comcast and DirecTV. First year without tickets so it's either watching games at home drinking beer or going to a bar to watch games and drink beer.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    meeting too Nacho. So much easier. 30 years of season tickets, dating back to my childhood and I dumped them thanks to TyTurner-.

Joe, enough was enough and I'm glad I did. Another reason I'd rather watch agame at home. What a slap in the face to Washington fans, and a great recruiting open! We'll find out who dropped the ball and why.

What a fucking cock-slap to the face of the old schoolers who deserve the right to see the new stadium in all her glory. This is a bad deal if its final. Football isn't even Fun around Montlake. Night games suck for EVERYBODY involved except the university who pockets the paycheck, that will go to purchase more softball gear and womens' soccer cleats
  • Options
    nihilistdawgnihilistdawg Member Posts: 226
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fox Sports 1 is Vs. or whatever that stupid channel is near ESPN2 that shows hockey all the t

FS1 (I like to call Fox Sports 1 FS1, it's what I like to do) is supposed to take the Versus network and should be available on Comcast and DirecTV. First year without tickets so it's either watching games at home drinking beer or going to a bar to watch games and drink beer.

you misspelled drinking beer, saying "oh screw this team" in the 2nd quarter, and changing to watch college gameday.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I hope Comcast will have Fox Sports 1. After last season we can't assume anything when it comes to TV coverage.

I'm hearing that FS1 is replacing the Speed Channel. I'm hearing this could be good news for satellite and cable subscribers, but we'll have to wait until the PSA's mom approves of the coaching staff and school.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It will still be light out at kick off. There is plenty of time before kick off to see the stadium.

I understand some people's frustration with the 7 pm start (I prefer day games as well), but seeing the stadium shouldn't be a problem. If I still lived in Seattle, I would be there.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

It will still be light out at kick off. There is plenty of time before kick off to see the stadium.

I understand some people's frustration with the 7 pm start (I prefer day games as well), but seeing the stadium shouldn't be a problem. If I still lived in Seattle, I would be there.

What does not living in Seattle have to do with you missing the game?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2013

I live in LA and would rather watch it at home than take a quick trip to Seattle to watch Sark ball.

If we are any good this year, I will take a trip later in the year. I will be going to a couple road games as well.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Christ on a cracker, I can't take much more of this shit. I really can't. I'm about to give up on the whole damn program. Talk me off the ledge or push me off. After the previous 13 years of Husky football, I really don't care anymore. Fuck it all.

Real men quit on this loser program the day it hired Ty.

HTH

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    As I recall, Damone's drive is longer than your flight. Being at the game is a no brainer. Get your ass to the stadium!

I live in LA and would rather watch it at home than take a quick trip to Seattle to watch Sark ball.

If we are any good this year, I will take a trip later in the year. I will be going to a couple road games as well.

• Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Real men quit on this loser program the day it hired Gilby.

HTH

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I have plenty of buddies that kill to go to any games. Since these games are so bothersome for some of guys just send me all your tickets and I'll make sure they get used up by people that want to go to the games.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DeepSeaZ said:

As I recall, Damone's drive is longer than your flight. Being at the game is a no brainer. Get your ass to the stadium!

In days way gone by I would bust someones balls for not going to the game...now, meh...There are many many days I wish I wasn't there. Went through the wife kicking me in the nuts phase if you all recall.

How are kids supposed to remember walking to the stadium on crisp fall afternoons if games are in the games are at night? In 20 years some is jaded husky fan supposed to post his fond memories of walking to the stadium on a sweltering August evening? Didn't think so.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,810
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm hearing that FS1 is replacing the Speed Channel. I'm hearing this could be good news for satellite and cable subscribers, but we'll have to wait until the PSA's mom approves of the coaching staff and school.

This is correct. Toothless hilljacks lose, everyone else wins.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Real men quit on this loser program the day Miami took Neuheisel's manhood.

HTH

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

good point Derek. I just assumed, much like I did with pac12 network and satellite last year!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What channel will it be on? HD? Will any sports bars have it? Can I get a meal special and a ride to the game? Where are the hot tailgates? Where my dawgs at?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What channel will it be on? HD? Will any sports bars have it? Can I get a meal special and a ride to the game? Where are the hot tailgates? Where my dawgs at?

The dub pub will be the place to be before the games. Beer, wings, big screens, and Jen! ;)
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,089
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The dub pub will be the place to be before the games. Beer, wings, big screens, and Jen! ;)
    I hear Vino's has the coldest soda in town.