Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Announcement for the Bored

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,965
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

For the first time in over five years, your dear leader is about to begin work on a new book. I'm taking a few days off to plan for this next phase of my non-technically gifted writing life. It occurred to me that Hardcore Husky launched on November 26, 2012. That means that I've moderated the board every day of its existence. That comes to about 1,635 consecutive days of overseeing this pirate ship.

My first thought was "It shouldn't be an issue to step away. After all, I can count on my trusty moderators @CFetters_Nacho_Lover and @CheersWestDawg."

But CheersWestDawg was last seen driving 90 miles an hour on I-5... while snorting blow off an Asian hooker's thigh.

And when my KGB cameras checked in with the Nacho Lover, I discovered this...

So what's a benevolent dictator to do?

I decided to hire a mercenary friend of mine to moderate for the time that I'm gone.

Her name is Khaleesi, First of Her Name, Protector of the Realm, Lady of the Seven Message Boards, Breaker of Balls and Mother of Dragons.

Khaleesi got her first look at Hardcore Husky the other day and perused some threads. She posed a question and a comment to me (True story).

1. She asked "Who is Kim?"
2. She found Puppy's "Fancy Feast" post to be rather odd and requested an explanation.

I had a faraway look on my face as I said "I don't even know where to begin."

Anyway, Khaleesi will moderating on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week.

And you fuck sticks better behave like gentlemen and not give her any trouble.

On the other hand, in real life Khaleesi drops more F-bombs in 24 hours than your Dear Leader does in a month. So she will not be fazed by anything on Hardcore Husky. Everything from @puppylove_sugarsteel's rants to @Swaye's drunken Injun escapades and life as an Orkin Man.

Khaleesi has been given full moderating powers, so should you drop a lemon party into her inbox or break any of the Hardcore Husky covenants, you and your account may suffer this fate...

I shall return by Sunday, to resume moderating controls of our pirate ship...

If Khaleesi reports that everything went well, then the people shall be rewarded with a return of tags (but no sigs so don't even fucking ask). Once again, you degenerates will be able to tag your posts with those old chestnuts like "Gay Males Wanted XXX", "A Dirty, Rainy Night in Gorst", and the "Quilcene Oyster Pump and Dump".

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    Founders Club

Hypothetically speaking.....would asking Khaleesi to show her tits be considered a bannable offense?

Axing for a friend.

I have instructed her to use restraint in terms of banning people of course. That being said, you can tell your friend that it probably wouldn't be wise.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Glad you're getting started on your new book Derek. Are you ready to talk about what it might be about?

And welcome Khaleesi!

Thank you and yes I wish to wait awhile to discuss it but I'm excited about it.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye said:

Do you know if Khaleesi fancies red men like her namesake?

Tell her I WILL wear the war paint. TIA.

You Asian/Pacific Islander, Clark?
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When my account inevitably gets muted who do I PM to take me off the automod list? It appears like dj khaleed is going to be modding from the shadows?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

When my account inevitably gets muted who do I PM to take me off the automod list? It appears like dj khaleed is going to be modding from the shadows?

I have the settings so that can't happen again.