Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2017

Honestly, I can't even think of who I would compare him to. He's going to be a Rashaan Gary level recruit. Could be the #1 player in the country or close to it. Guys that big and that good don't come along often.

I don't know who I'd say is the biggest D recruit EVER out of the state. Probably Taylor Mays?

So, uh...he gone then?
    Why anyone would turn down Pete at this point is a mystery to me. It would take real stupidity in my opinion.

Here's what you get at UW:

1) Top notch player development: you will become your best.
    2) Top notch life shit: you will become the best person you can be so when you blow out your knee you aren't fucked.
    3) A coach that actually GsAF about his players: this is the thing that separates us from Bama and tOSU. If you aren't great there, you are getting thrown out like trash; Pete doesn't work that way.
    4) A university that offers a great education if you GAF.

So, if you go to UW you are maximizing the chances you'll play in the NFL, maximizing the chances that the coaching staff will put tons of effort into your life irrespective of outcome and you can get a degree that, while not ELITE, is respected and what you can learn at UW will change your life.

Seriously, why would anyone go anywhere else? The only answer is kids are stupid and don't understand.

To be clear, I've never felt this way before about UW... but under Pete, it's legit the best option.
    Even under Dawgfather?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

DDY mentioned him in a post about the potentially GOAT in state class of 2020 but I couldn't find a thread on him.

Kid's just a freshman. Played at Kennedy last year, already transferred to Garfield apparently. Irregardless of where he plays, he's a monster.

Ho. Lee. Fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOwh8lIPFqY&feature=youtu.be

#mylancers
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

Honestly, I can't even think of who I would compare him to. He's going to be a Rashaan Gary level recruit. Could be the #1 player in the country or close to it. Guys that big and that good don't come along often.

I don't know who I'd say is the biggest D recruit EVER out of the state. Probably Taylor Mays?

So, uh...he gone then?
    Why anyone would turn down Pete at this point is a mystery to me. It would take real stupidity in my opinion.

2) Top notch life shit: you will become the best person you can be so when you blow out your knee you aren't fucked.
    3) A coach that actually GsAF about his players: this is the thing that separates us from Bama and tOSU. If you aren't great there, you are getting thrown out like trash; Pete doesn't work that way.

So, if you go to UW you are maximizing the chances you'll play in the NFL, maximizing the chances that the coaching staff will put tons of effort into your life irrespective of outcome and you can get a degree that, while not ELITE, is respected and what you can learn at UW will change your life.

Seriously, why would anyone go anywhere else? The only answer is kids are stupid and don't understand.

To be clear, I've never felt this way before about UW... but under Pete, it's legit the best option.
    That's an adult talking ... these are "kids" doing manly things .. expecting them to act like adults is too much to ask for.

They get struck when they have custom Nikes and their playing number on the arch, they get awed when they see xbox and ps4's lined up in the players/student lounge .. shit like that.

Same old, same old.

What Coach Pete sells is for the players ... but the parent sees the message and understands it better ... because they are the parent.

I just wait for the long term plan to play itself out ... and it will to high expectations as evidenced by last year. That's the great thing. We can all breath easy ...
    So you're saying kids are stupid and don't understand? I'm pretty sure I covered that.

I get why people go elsewhere shit for brains. My point is that it's the first time in my life where I have thought we are the best option for most kids.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Barring a substantial change in the UW's direction downward ... I think we have a really good chance of landing Smalls for all of the reason Dennis mentioned
    dnc said:

Can we all agree to call this kid Biggie?

So long as we all understand that THIS is the real Biggie Smalls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OztjwDilnsI
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

So, uh...he gone then?

I love it when you talk dirty to me. BOINNNNNGGG.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Can we all agree to call this kid Biggie?

So long as we all understand that THIS is the real Biggie Smalls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OztjwDilnsI
    How ya livin Biggie Smalls?
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Do you think he will bulk up to DT by the time he's a senior? Dennis

I can't tell 2 things:

1) Is this poast a joke about DEs? Hmm.
    2) Senior of what HS or College?

In our D, he's an inside guy.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

animate said:

So, uh...he gone then?

That's an adult talking ... these are "kids" doing manly things .. expecting them to act like adults is too much to ask for.

They get struck when they have custom Nikes and their playing number on the arch, they get awed when they see xbox and ps4's lined up in the players/student lounge .. shit like that.

Same old, same old.

What Coach Pete sells is for the players ... but the parent sees the message and understands it better ... because they are the parent.

I just wait for the long term plan to play itself out ... and it will to high expectations as evidenced by last year. That's the great thing. We can all breath easy ...
    So you're saying kids are stupid and don't understand? I'm pretty sure I covered that.

I get why people go elsewhere shit for brains. My point is that it's the first time in my life where I have thought we are the best option for most kids.
    Thanks Tequilla.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    edited April 2017

I can't tell 2 things:

1) Is this poast a joke about DEs? Hmm.
    2) Senior of what HS or College?

In our D, he's an inside guy.
    I suppose that answers my question. And I meant HS

So, uh...he gone then?

Even under Dawgfather?
    Yeah. DJ was a great coach for that era and I love him forever. But if I had to send MY OWN CHILD to one of the programs I would choose this one.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

So, uh...he gone then?

Even under Dawgfather?
    Yeah. DJ was a great coach for that era and I love him forever. But if I had to send MY OWN CHILD to one of the programs I would choose this one.
    Gay dudes don't have children
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

So, uh...he gone then?

Same old, same old.

"Best option"?

I don't think it's that clear cut yet, even with last season still fresh in our memories.

Take off the purple glasses for a sec.

Stanford still takes us to the academic reputation woodshed as much as people hate that. They still play decent football there too. Closing the gap? Sure, I'll subscibe to that.

USC is still USC ... Hell, even UCLA draws the SoCal kids and beyond.

I'm just saying you're a little ahead of the curve still. Give it another few years to at least envelope the high school kids starting from the eighth grade. Like Smalls. Before you think "for the first time in your life UW is the best option".

I used to think that back in the Don James years.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2017

So, uh...he gone then?

Even under Dawgfather?
    @backthepack say "Hi"
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

So, uh...he gone then?

Even under Dawgfather?
    Fuck off Baabs! #MyTwoDads roam these boreds.
  • KenGiffeyJrKenGiffeyJr Member Posts: 46
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment 5 Up Votes

So, uh...he gone then?

Even under Dawgfather?
    Fuck off Baabs! #MyTwoDads roam these boreds.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Other than Danny Shelton, D-Line recruits have been far and few between. I'm not even going to consider Elisara or some of the others. Only one that comes to mind is Victor Rogers from South Kitsap, and ended up playing I believe OLine at CU.