Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I played on a pretty athletic team in high school

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/washington-may-not-be-that-good-and-we-may-not-be-that-bad.106524/

How many drives did Washington put up against Rutgers? Did they really look all that dominant? Rutgers didn't exactly get manhandled here. For an opener this may be alarming to the Washington football staff. I played on a pretty athletic team in high school and this was often a concern during a blowout in a scrimage or beginning of the season. With the exception of the quarterback position I don't believe we have a actual talent problem. Anyone can look slow and unathletic when they take the wrong angle to make a tackle. The punt team definitely needs fixing.

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Dardanus said:

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/washington-may-not-be-that-good-and-we-may-not-be-that-bad.106524/

How many drives did Washington put up against Rutgers? Did they really look all that dominant? Rutgers didn't exactly get manhandled here. For an opener this may be alarming to the Washington football staff. I played on a pretty athletic team in high school and this was often a concern during a blowout in a scrimage or beginning of the season. With the exception of the quarterback position I don't believe we have a actual talent problem. Anyone can look slow and unathletic when they take the wrong angle to make a tackle. The punt team definitely needs fixing.

"cuogs" of the "Cony Island cuogs?!"

Solid.

Home,Home-and-homes forever
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I hope I never read another one of AlaskaDoog's posts gain
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Did they put together good drives? Most of their plays were big plays. This is important to a coaching staff. Yes Rutgers was blown out but you seem to not understand what exactly getting manhandled means. Getting manhandled is what the UConn offensive line and Donald Brown did to Rutgers. Getting manhandled is what Brian Kelly Cincinnati passing offense did to Rutgers. They were able to move the ball at will.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Jesus Christ.

Did they really look all that dominant?

Watch the 1st quarter again asshole.....you couldn't ask for better.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    I will say the S&C coach should give his check to "the weak sisters of the blind", Our o-line got man handles, except for LT he looked good
    Special team coach should work on coverage and not the synchronized arm swinging Looked embarrassing when they get a 92 yard TD. add punt coverage. (and the Rockettes arm swing was out of sync. to boot)
    Ash looked like Early Schiano, deer in the head lights. Had no answers/adjustments at halftime yes he is learning on the job & he will improve,
    speaking of Schiano our DC is an ole school fart only would play front 4 who faired just Ok but the hard ass blitzing package is gone from Rutgers play book. I guess nothing of Schiano aggressiveness rubbed off on Ash.
    Outside of that there were many many mistakes by players and coaches which can and will be rectified with good coaching and watching film. this is a good staff and our talent is miles ahead of the Shea era as another post tried to suggest.
    this was a sloppy dress rehearsal; it does not mean a bad season.
    Some may rip me, for kicking the secrete cow. But I have been in the players shoes and a good mentality/attitude (Coaching} of the team, we will bounce back. It was an OOC game so let it go.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

I will say the S&C coach should give his check to "the weak sisters of the blind", Our o-line got man handles, except for LT he looked good
    Special team coach should work on coverage and not the synchronized arm swinging Looked embarrassing when they get a 92 yard TD. add punt coverage. (and the Rockettes arm swing was out of sync. to boot)
    Ash looked like Early Schiano, deer in the head lights. Had no answers/adjustments at halftime yes he is learning on the job & he will improve,
    speaking of Schiano our DC is an ole school fart only would play front 4 who faired just Ok but the hard ass blitzing package is gone from Rutgers play book. I guess nothing of Schiano aggressiveness rubbed off on Ash.
    Outside of that there were many many mistakes by players and coaches which can and will be rectified with good coaching and watching film. this is a good staff and our talent is miles ahead of the Shea era as another post tried to suggest.
    Some may rip me, for kicking the secrete cow. But I have been in the players shoes and a good mentality/attitude (Coaching} of the team, we will bounce back. It was an OOC game so let it go.

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "or kicking the secrete cow."

Irregardless, it's a mute point about the French benefits.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    Founders Club

fuck you psalm
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Rutgers isnt Idaho.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Rutgers isnt Idaho.

This is one of your best football posts ever.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Dardanus said:

Why don't you just say "quarterback"? everybody knows it's a position. This style is in vogue for no good reason.
  • Options
    DongJamesDongJames Member Posts: 69
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Dardanus said:

Why don't you just say "quarterback"? everybody knows it's a position. This style is in vogue for no good reason.
    it's like when LeBron James refers to "the game of basketball"
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

Dardanus said:

Whoosh. But I agree.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    Fix the angle of those tackles and this is a completely different game I agree.. this game should have gone to overtime to say the least. I think the Rutgers players just need to take some college geometry and they could be potential BCS bids. You know what they always say, athleticism and angles, the key to success. I think they'll fix the 130 degree angle tackles and go for more acute tackles, that should definitely show some improvement in their upcoming dogfight this weekend.