Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,783
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Mom looks like she may have blown roadies for meth money at one time.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Back in the early 20th century my great grandmother had my grandfather at fifteen. It's these fucked up Puritan sexual politics that says 18 is some sort of magic demarcation between childhood and adulthood. Wish people would stop being so scared of sex and human bodies. Fuck!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Madonna is lame, but this isn't a big deal.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The legal age in Australia is 16 so this really isn't a big deal. If it happened in California she could probably sue Madonna and settle for a few mill.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'm only mad I wasn't there to see it.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,899
    Founders Club

Back in the early 20th century my great grandmother had my grandfather at fifteen. It's these fucked up Puritan sexual politics that says 18 is some sort of magic demarcation between childhood and adulthood. Wish people would stop being so scared of sex and human bodies. Fuck!

There was a good underlying reason for it though. Are 15-year old girls in our society psychologically and financially capable of rearing children in a productive way? We know 15-year old boys aren't capable of being great fathers. Part of the mess we have with society is unwed moms and kids who don't even know how to take care of themselves raising kids of their own.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    Swaye's Wigwam

There was a good underlying reason for it though. Are 15-year old girls in our society psychologically and financially capable of rearing children in a productive way? We know 15-year old boys aren't capable of being great fathers. Part of the mess we have with society is unwed moms and kids who don't even know how to take care of themselves raising kids of their own.

Causation?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2016

Financially? Women don't need to work. That's silly. And who said anything about dad being 15?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

If only there were multiple ways of making sure they don't become parents.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think it has more to do with the puritan influence on policy that can put a 19 year old in jail/on a sex offender list and ruin his life for something biologically natural.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

how hard is it *really* to learn how to swipe an EBT card?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,783
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2016

Most 22 year old women aren't capable.

In fact about half of the people having kids probably shouldn't be.

I know a 24 yr old girl who has one and another one is due about now if she hasn't already popped it out. Her boyfriend (not her husband) works at a call center. He might make $10.50 an hour. She decided to quit her original $10 an hour job because "they" (the employer) fucked up her healthcare or something. Then she took some part time thing making about the same. Then she quit that and decided the best path was to get paid $500 a month by a couple to look after their kid, work at her aunt's dive bar, and probably get plenty of WIC, Welfare, unemployment etc. That's literally what at least 1/3 of this country does, if not 35 or 40%. Then the kids grow up on at least some government assistance and think it's just normal. These people aren't planning their families. They don't give a fuck. It's pop out a kid so someone will love me, or my religion tells me to, or both.

I know, I know, I run in high circles. I haven't seen her in months though.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'll take this as your tacit endorsement of Planned Parenthood.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Where else are women gonna find quality health care in America?