Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL USC GAME THREAD

2»

Comments

• FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Free throw shooting is embarrassing

and yet the highlight of UW's stat sheet today. 77% vs 29%FG and 28%3Pt

a win's a win though. thanks jacobs for breaking his foot

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    wait we won?

ROFL

cliffnotes please
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    wow...

nice comeback
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

wait we won?

ROFL

cliffnotes please

we?
  • njlanjla Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Love reading in game comments after they are proven premature! Of course on here, it's only fire the coach anyway! Comical and entertaining!
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    njla said:

Love reading in game comments after they are proven premature! Of course on here, it's only fire the coach anyway! Comical and entertaining!

I know, RIGHT???
    njla said:

Romar is still a shit show for almost losing to the most pathetic excuse for a basketball program in america. And this loss win still has nothing to do with the overall point of why people want romar out.

The only reason UW was able to come back in this game was USC player was hurt. Otherwise they win comfortably.

njla said:

I know, RIGHT???
    Pot kettle black

- chris peterson
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

njla said:

I know, RIGHT???
    Pot kettle black

- chris peterson
    Whoooooooooooosh!

I'm trolling the new guy and you STILL don't get it.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    njla said:

4 straight years of non-recruiting and missing the NCAA tournament, but hey we beat USC after their best player got injured! All is forgiven!

Fuck off, Doog.

njla said:

I know, RIGHT???
    Pot kettle black

- chris peterson
    Whoooooooooooosh!

I'm trolling the new guy and you STILL don't get it.
    I'm working off a wicked hangover today. It's finally starting to get to a place where I can drink my beer without a shaky hand. Don't worry, i don't have a problem.

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Place was probably half full. Jacobs going down helped but that would be like any team that beat UW last year after Upshaw was kicked off the team, shot happens and you have to account for it. Conference is looking pretty deep, I imagine wins on the road will be tough to come by. If this team could shoot 10% better they will be tough to beat. At one point UW had taken 13 more shots but were still down.

No matter what the situation, watching those two teams you can see the distance in talent on the two rosters. Romar has brought in a great group of kids who just don't know how to play yet. Guys like crisp and baby boy are proven winners who look ready and without fear.

Contrast that with the abortion that is the USC program. With a 20 pt lead they were playing hot potato with the ball the last 10 minutes afraid to be the guy having to do anything. It was quite interesting to watch how scared a team could be against a 80%-100 frosh lineup. Romar has found kids who play hard again, and actually seem to care. Which is polar opposite of what we have seen the last few years. They also look like a "team"(as in they like each other) vs previous years where there was no atmosphere of family or team.

100% agree. The last few years have been not only frustrating due to poor results, but infuriating since none of the fucktards out there seemed to give a shit. Romar's original squad would play tough AND talk tough. They didn't back down from shit (B-Roy/Rudy Gay double technical flashback, ugh). Brockman and IT carried that tradition on. One of my favorite memories is Romar running onto the court to stop Venoy and IT from curb stomping James Harden and Derek Glasser. Flash forward a few years and you have a bunch of pussies playing like shit and getting punked.

It will be interesting to see how the new big dick 5 star one and done fits in with this team next season. Assuming he is as advertised on the court, he should slide into AA's playing time and the team shouldn't skip a beat. Hopefully his ego doesn't fuck with the team. Or if it does, he is so damn good it doesn't matter.
    One thing i've noticed which is also different is that romar notoriously sucked early in the season but you could always count on his team playing well in Feb. His last 4 years the team seems to get worse as the season progresses. I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of that is due to the chemistry on the team. It's been quite a while since i've seen guys like this during the game and on the sidelines. That type of commitment builds over the season and the players gel even more.

Don't get me wrong, i still want romar out but there is still something to be said for having a team who doesn't hate each other and has.....well, talent