Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Reading the Twatter Leaves, David Long Edition

Long is liking a lot of Michigan tweets lately and no UW tweets. I think we might be trailing for his terrific hips right now.

That's all, thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Gladstone said:

OMG YES!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU

This might be the only thing that could change my avatar from Coke bottles, awesome!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    We still have a chance to hose him down ... Michigan has alreDy given their pitch.

This all falls into the category of good luck reading into an 18 year olds mind
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gladstone said:

This might be the only thing that could change my avatar from Coke bottles, awesome!
    I'm sure @RaceBannon can photo shop a coke bottle in his hand for you.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Long is liking a lot of Michigan tweets lately and no UW tweets. I think we might be trailing for his terrific hips right now.

Michigan is a Mount Rushmore program (when they have the right guy), who has a Mount Rushmore CFB coach in Harbaugh. Plus for kids in northern California, Jim would be a legend as they were growing up.

If he had to pick today, Long would be a wolverine, but I still think he will be a dawg come signing day.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

Michigan is a Mount Rushmore program (when they have the right guy), who has a Mount Rushmore CFB coach in Harbaugh. Plus for kids in northern California, Jim would be a legend as they were growing up.

If he had to pick today, Long would be a wolverine, but I still think he will be a dawg come signing day.

CFB Mount Rushmore

USC, Notre Dame, BAMA, fourth spot is debateable but it's either Oklahoma, Nebraska or Ohio State.

Michigan is not on the CFB Rushmore. Maybe on the CFB Stone Mountain. Harbaugh is on the Rushmore of current coaches though.
  • Options
    HelfrichFamilyVanHelfrichFamilyVan Member Posts: 351
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

CFB Mount Rushmore

USC, Notre Dame, BAMA, fourth spot is debateable but it's either Oklahoma, Nebraska or Ohio State.

Michigan is not on the CFB Rushmore. Maybe on the CFB Stone Mountain. Harbaugh is on the Rushmore of current coaches though.
    The all-time winningest program isn't on the CFB Mt Rushmore?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

godawgst said:

CFB Mount Rushmore

How many national titles has Michigan won?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

CFB Mount Rushmore

Eleven.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    H_D said:

Gladstone said:

I'm sure @RaceBannon can photo shop a coke bottle fleshlight with a coca cola label in his hand for you.
    Fixed for accuracy.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

CFB Mount Rushmore

No Tejas?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pawz said:

H_D said:

Gladstone said:

I'm sure @RaceBannon can photo shop a coke bottle fleshlight with a coca cola label in his hand for you.
    Fixed for accuracy.
    Solidly crisped.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

CFB Mount Rushmore

11, as many as Notre Dame and USC, more than Oklahoma, tOSU, or Nebraska.

They put three guys up on the mountain with Lincoln, J...the implication is you can't have your Bama up there four times.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

dnc said:

godawgst said:

CFB Mount Rushmore

No. They aren't even the team with the best winning percentage, they're just the team with the most wins because they've played in so many games.

Put Michigan's overall resume heads up against USC, Notre Dame, Bama, Oklahoma and Ohio State and tell me who they are stronger than?
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

People forget that the AP didn't start picking a national champ until 1936. Most of Michigan's titles were before that. Michigan has only won the AP poll twice since then, 1997 and 1948. They split a title in 1947. They aren't elite and never have been. B level like us, but never top tier A level. Losing record in the Rose Bowl, as well. They are closer to Princeton and Yale territory, but they've actually had recent success.

Voted up for overall poast, they're a clear step above us(?) though.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

People forget that the AP didn't start picking a national champ until 1936. Most of Michigan's titles were before that. Michigan has only won the AP poll twice since then, 1997 and 1948. They split a title in 1947. They aren't elite and never have been. B level like us, but never top tier A level. Losing record in the Rose Bowl, as well. They are closer to Princeton and Yale territory, but they've actually had recent success.

So you're saying I should quit living in the past?
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

CFB Mount Rushmore

No. They aren't even the team with the best winning percentage, they're just the team with the most wins because they've played in so many games.

Put Michigan's overall resume heads up against USC, Notre Dame, Bama, Oklahoma and Ohio State and tell me who they are stronger than?
    Fair point, but they do have a higher winning percentage than all of those schools except Notre Dame.