Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which Pac-12 Teams seem to be scrambling down the homestretch?

One thing I love about the new staff having a full year to recruit is that there appears to be a solid plan and no scrambling for late offers after missing out on bigger fish like the previous staff. The 2011 and 2012 classes most come to mind while the 2015 lacks those Hindy-esque desperation offers solely for the appearance of securing a balanced class.

If we don't get Warren, Castille, or Sterk we thankfully won't have have gaping holes in our roster or make wasted offers to guys like Antavious Sims, Cooper Peuller, Kyle Lewis, or Derek Brown.

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Oregon is scrambling for LBs. Otherwise the class looks really good
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Cal's class is bad. Real bad. Not to be a star whore, but they don't have a single 4 or 5star player in their class of 19 committs. That's beav/coog level recruiting. Shouldnt happen at Berkeley.

One staff that surprisingly doesn't put up high ranked classes is Arizona. ASU seems to be recruiting at a much higher level.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    This is just a total guess but if we miss on Castille part of me thinks they may offer Jayson Williams wr out of Lincoln and Justiss Warren's teammate. Bigger physical wide receiver, not great top end speed but good looking athlete.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

One thing I love about the new staff having a full year to recruit is that there appears to be a solid plan and no scrambling for late offers after missing out on bigger fish like the previous staff. The 2011 and 2012 classes most come to mind while the 2015 lacks those Hindy-esque desperation offers solely for the appearance of securing a balanced class.

If we don't get Warren, Castille, or Sterk we thankfully won't have have gaping holes in our roster or make wasted offers to guys like Antavious Sims, Cooper Peuller, Kyle Lewis, or Derek Brown.

Keep in mind, sark liked to play recruiting games, where hell tell kids not to verbal or announce, then 5 at once announce on signing day. He did that stupid she at USC last year too.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    2001400ex said:

HFNY said:

Keep in mind, sark liked to play recruiting games, where hell tell kids not to verbal or announce, then 5 at once announce on signing day. He did that stupid she at USC last year too.
    He's doing it again this year. By my count he'll have 3 five stars and 1 top-50 four star all committ on NSD. Sark is going to have a better class than Alabama this year. And it actually will be heavy at all 3 levels on Defense and light at WR...if you can believe it.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

HFNY said:

He's doing it again this year. By my count he'll have 3 five stars and 1 top-50 four star all committ on NSD. Sark is going to have a better class than Alabama this year. And it actually will be heavy at all 3 levels on Defense and light at WR...if you can believe it.
    Maybe the dumb donkey learned something during his OJT tenure in Seattle....unlikely, but maybe...
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Wow, I just checked out their class so far...looks like they're going to lose one of their top commits (from GA) to Georgia as he's on a visit there this weekend.

I've never been to Tempe / ASU but have vacationed in Tucson before. I can see why people would retire there but if I'm a recruit with offers from most or all of the Pac-12, I wouldn't go to Arizona.

Cal's class is bad. Real bad. Not to be a star whore, but they don't have a single 4 or 5star player in their class of 19 committs. That's beav/coog level recruiting. Shouldnt happen at Berkeley.

One staff that surprisingly doesn't put up high ranked classes is Arizona. ASU seems to be recruiting at a much higher level.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Is he good enough for a full offer or more of a grayshirt or preferred walk-on guy?

We do have 4 WR commits (Renfro, Pounds, Andre B, and McClatcher) so if no Castille, maybe the staff would be better off keeping that for a 2016 guy they've been working on...Rivals actually has 8 uncommitted WRs in Cali who are in their top 30 WRs (there are a total of 10 with one guy already committed to UCLA and the other to Texas).

This is just a total guess but if we miss on Castille part of me thinks they may offer Jayson Williams wr out of Lincoln and Justiss Warren's teammate. Bigger physical wide receiver, not great top end speed but good looking athlete.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,256
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

When you have the greatest coach in football history you don't need players
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015

"Fuck working harder. How about working smarter?" - Race Bannon

Excuse me. Management has asked that we please keep this kind of potty mouth off of the recruiting board. Thank you.

• Options
    Sundevil76Sundevil76 Member Posts: 109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Comment
    Its 75 degrees and sunshine in Phoenix and probably the same in Tucson. Half of Seattle is here for the Superbowl and we could fill Cardinal Stadium without them with all the damn Washington snowbirds that tell us how wonderful the NW is but they are not there for the bad weather. Please tell me we do not have better weather for longer than the State of Washington?
  • Options

Its 75 degrees and sunshine in Phoenix and probably the same in Tucson. Half of Seattle is here for the Superbowl and we could fill Cardinal Stadium without them with all the damn Washington snowbirds that tell us how wonderful the NW is but they are not there for the bad weather. Please tell me we do not have better weather for longer than the State of Washington?

I can't tell if you are old, stupid, or english is not your first language.

So I'm going to go with abundance.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forecast for Friday: Phoenix 62*/80% chance rain. Seattle 56*/Sunny.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2015
    That Seattle weather really gets a bad rap. And winter weather in AZ is overrated. Did I get that right?