Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Presented Without Comment

Of the 24 players committed to UW for the 2015 class, only 5 are not defensive players or offensive linemen. That is all.

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Renfro or Pounds or both are going to play WR.

We need WRs badly. And we could use another RB too.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    sounds like Peterman's not bringing much sizzle to the program
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    When's Coach Pete going to figure out this isn't the MWC? Sizzle > Steak
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    JUSSTIS!!!!!!

Only in Tacoma, folks.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Pete doesn't understand how this is supposed to work.
    Sark would have had 7 WRs by now.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182

I never thought I would read that
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Of the 24 players committed to UW for the 2015 class, only 5 are not defensive players or offensive linemen. That is all.

Given how bad the offense struggled at the skill positions, this might not be the best thing.

Also, we have 7 skill position players, thought it depends where the coaches want Pounds (they were recruiting him both for CB and WR).
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Given how bad the offense struggled at the skill positions, this might not be the best thing.

I initially thought the same damn thing. But maybe, to improve our offense considerably, it will only take an upgrade in one position (QB).

Also, defense and special teams still win championships.

I'll trust Pete's recruiting and development until @Coke>Pepsi does a post career ranking which will prove, or disprove, that Pete knows what he is doing.

Either way, it'll be interesting.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Fans expecting freshmen to come in and contribute immediately are part of the reason why UW fell so far down and is finding it difficult to reemerge.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    agreed, what we've given up hope in believing in is incremental player development and put all our eggs in "the great freshman hope"basket.

I think that's where Pete will show his chops, when across the board everyone is just better.

supplement that with strong recruiting and red-shirting and we'll be in paradise.
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Fans expecting freshmen to come in and contribute immediately are part of the reason why UW fell so far down and is finding it difficult to reemerge.

You've got to be kidding me. Fan expectation has nothing to do with it, and never will. The problem is poor roster management to the point where freshmen are forced to come in and play early because of lack of depth/shitty guys on the depth chart ahead of them. Couple that with terrible player development, and you have the recipe for decades of dreck.
  • Options
    If Sark had a clue how to build a team via recruiting, fans wouldn't expect players to contribute as freshmen. They would expect upper classmen to improve over their previous on-field performances and be genuinely surprised to see a freshman on the field 'not' playing special teams... just like it used to be when UW was winning... something most who post here don't have historical reference to compare with and find themselves confused, puzzled.
  • Options

If Sark had a clue how to build a team via recruiting, fans wouldn't expect players to contribute as freshmen. They would expect upper classmen to improve over their previous on-field performances and be genuinely surprised to see a freshman on the field 'not' playing special teams... just like it used to be when UW was winning... something most who post here don't have historical reference to compare with and find themselves confused, puzzled.

I agree that it's stupid for fansdoogs to expect every 4 star to come in and be all-conference, but thinking that fan expectations on individual players is part of the problem is FS. Also, it's not 1960 anymore, you don't redshirt every freshman like they did in the old days. When you have a superlative talent, he's likely only going to be on campus 3 years, so a redshirt is a wasted season.
  • Options
    It's not working for Mike Leach?
  • Options

When was the last time WSU had a true freshman that was so good, he'd play for almost any team in the Pac 12? WSU's depth sucks, and they keep playing guys that should be redshirted. That's not what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    They're all good.

It's why Leach replaced the starting Jr.s and Sophs from the New Mexico bowl team with freshmen and why Bull Moos raves of the obvious improvement on the field that doesn't show in the standings 'cause the Pac -12 is so tuff.'

When was the last time WSU had a true freshman that was so good, he'd play for almost any team in the Pac 12? WSU's depth sucks, and they keep playing guys that should be redshirted. That's not what I'm talking about.