Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW's Vegas Bowl Debacle: Sarkisian Crapping out as Husky Coach

13»

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Steve is a train wreck.....more people understand this than you might suspect. It's been pretty obvious since last year. (OR St and Alamo Bowl.)

The pandering noise generated by Kim Grinolds and his groupies on DawgBoy may lead you to believe otherwise.

It's been pretty obvious since 2009

Not sure I agree that it's been obvious since 2009. The hire was uninspiring, that's for sure. But, the game against LSU showed remarkable improvement, as did beating USC. Things got ugly from there, but they finished strong with an impressive thrashing of Cal. 2009 was a mixed bag, but ended on a high note, it actually looked like they might finally start turning the corner.

2010 was more of the same, up and down, inconsistent play. IMO, this is when doubt really started creeping in. Again though, they finished strong, got into and won a bowl game. They ended on another high note, but the inconsistency was very troubling.

2011 more inconsistency. Offense looked good, defense was pathetic. Another winning season and a bowl game, but an extremely poor performance from the defense. Impressive post season changes to the defensive staff, but still, the inconsistency and game day brain farts were cause for major concern.

2012, wow. The defense improves, but the offense looks like shit and the team gets boat raced on the road. Discipline is lacking, as is focus and toughness. Not good.

Anyway, just my 0.02, but I don't think it was obvious in 2009.

You're right, obvious is the wrong word. Because after the '09 Cal game I WAS on a little high. The better description is that "the warning signs were clearly there for anyone willing to acknowledge them." The UCLA and ASU games in particular were blown by the coaching staff and those (among other examples like Sark's ongoing and foolish braggadocio) got stuck in my craw and never left.
    Ya, I agree with that. Throw in the Notre Dame game that season as another one Sark blew ... with a little foolish braggadocio. I mean, how many fucking times in a row did he run it into a brick wall on the goal line?

Bottom line, the team should be showing up ready to play in every game and those kind of game day coaching mistakes should be gone by now, but they aren't and that doesn't bode well for the Huskies or Mr. Sarkisian for that matter.

BTW, nice use of braggadocio. Are we warming up for another book? LOL
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Steve is a train wreck.....more people understand this than you might suspect. It's been pretty obvious since last year. (OR St and Alamo Bowl.)

The pandering noise generated by Kim Grinolds and his groupies on DawgBoy may lead you to believe otherwise.

Not sure I agree that it's been obvious since 2009. The hire was uninspiring, that's for sure. But, the game against LSU showed remarkable improvement, as did beating USC. Things got ugly from there, but they finished strong with an impressive thrashing of Cal. 2009 was a mixed bag, but ended on a high note, it actually looked like they might finally start turning the corner.

2010 was more of the same, up and down, inconsistent play. IMO, this is when doubt really started creeping in. Again though, they finished strong, got into and won a bowl game. They ended on another high note, but the inconsistency was very troubling.

2011 more inconsistency. Offense looked good, defense was pathetic. Another winning season and a bowl game, but an extremely poor performance from the defense. Impressive post season changes to the defensive staff, but still, the inconsistency and game day brain farts were cause for major concern.

2012, wow. The defense improves, but the offense looks like shit and the team gets boat raced on the road. Discipline is lacking, as is focus and toughness. Not good.

You're right, obvious is the wrong word. Because after the '09 Cal game I WAS on a little high. The better description is that "the warning signs were clearly there for anyone willing to acknowledge them." The UCLA and ASU games in particular were blown by the coaching staff and those (among other examples like Sark's ongoing and foolish braggadocio) got stuck in my craw and never left.
    Ya, I agree with that. Throw in the Notre Dame game that season as another one Sark blew ... with a little foolish braggadocio. I mean, how many fucking times in a row did he run it into a brick wall on the goal line?

Bottom line, the team should be showing up ready to play in every game and those kind of game day coaching mistakes should be gone by now, but they aren't and that doesn't bode well for the Huskies or Mr. Sarkisian for that matter.

Isn't braggadocio a Pool Boy word?
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Isn't braggadocio a Pool Boy word?
    I don't know, but that would be fitting.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Derek has an agenda by the way
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Derek has an agenda by the way

They've all received the Kim Grinolds memo.