Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Should Sark consider re-hiring Michalczik?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,925
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Sonny Dykes isn't retaining him on the new Cal staff.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sark should have been angling for one of the new HC jobs out there while he had the chance.

Rearranging the deck chairs doesn't matter.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He hasn't fully cleaned house on the offensive side of the ball yet, at this point he could probably do that next year, then it will be at least another year after that before anyone points out that everyone but the HC has been replaced and the results aren't improving.
  • Options
    volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    and, section8 nails it.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Cozzetto has not been getting the job done, and ought to have been let go last year. Michalczik was Sark's first choice initially, and now that he is available again, Sark should grab him. Only issue is Eric Kissau, who is OC of course, and probably Michalczik would want the OC role also.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    They worked together at Kal (I like to spell Cal with a K), I doubt they will have an issue working it out as long as the money is the same.
  • Options
    After four years, look at what you have: Still rebuilding the OL. Young OL recruits who are top kids have stayed away. Why? One key reason is the Marine Corp screaming style of Cozzetto. Go to practice a year or more ago, and you could always hear Holt and Cozzetto screaming. We got rid of one screamer. Time to get rid of the other. Kids don't relate any more to screaming coaches. Look at the difference in style from Holt to Wilcox. We need a similar shift in style from screamer to teacher for the OL.
    The head coach needs to do more too, I agree. But when Sark has had good recruits, they have mostly ended up going elsewhere after they visit. What do they see when they visit? Their position coach, of course.
    And the good ones who have come to the UW? I don't see the progression of improvement from FR to SR that would be expected after four years of Cozzetto's coaching.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some of you never learn. Who hired and kept cozzetto? Of course he sucks just like the dumb fuck who hired him.

Fleenor and I knew last year that the dogs would go after coz this off season
  • Options
    I like to keep blaming the assistants while ignoring the dumb fuck who hires said assistants. I do that.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Global said:

After four years, look at what you have: Still rebuilding the OL. Young OL recruits who are top kids have stayed away. Why? One key reason is the Marine Corp screaming style of Cozzetto. Go to practice a year or more ago, and you could always hear Holt and Cozzetto screaming. We got rid of one screamer. Time to get rid of the other. Kids don't relate any more to screaming coaches. Look at the difference in style from Holt to Wilcox. We need a similar shift in style from screamer to teacher for the OL.
    The head coach needs to do more too, I agree. But when Sark has had good recruits, they have mostly ended up going elsewhere after they visit. What do they see when they visit? Their position coach, of course.
    And the good ones who have come to the UW? I don't see the progression of improvement from FR to SR that would be expected after four years of Cozzetto's coaching.

Global said:

Every player spoke about difference between Holt and Wilcox
  • Options

Good point. And after Cozzetto left the UW the first time around, having been hired by Neuheisel and having worked under Gilby and then bolting to ASU to work with Dennis Erickson, the players then spoke the following year about how much better the coaching was. Do some research on what Juan Garcia had to say about that coaching change after Cozzetto left, and you will see the key point: the players then and now don't learn from Cozzetto's screaming.

• Options
    Global said:

Good point. And after Cozzetto left the UW the first time around, having been hired by Neuheisel and having worked under Gilby and then bolting to ASU to work with Dennis Erickson, the players then spoke the following year about how much better the coaching was. Do some research on what Juan Garcia had to say about that coaching change after Cozzetto left, and you will see the key point: the players then and now don't learn from Cozzetto's screaming.

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sonny Dykes isn't retaining him on the new Cal staff.

Fucking duh

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dumbfuck head coaches usually hire dumbfuck assistant coaches.
  • Options
    WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    Global said:

NupeDawg?
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Cozetto is kept around because there needs to be some adult supervision on the staff. And he's the last scapegoat available for Sark.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why does my Free beer taste flat?