Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts on Tui...

vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
Swaye's Wigwam
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
as our new QB coach?

He's an excellent recruiter, and Miles Jack has already stated that Tui is the main reason he chose UCLA so, hopefully we'll reap the benefits of a good recruiter. But can he coach? Does it matter at this point?

I'll be honest, not much excites me about the Dawgs at this point. My excitement for the future of the program is about as low as when TW was around (not quite, but close). So, hiring of a Husky Legend such as Tui, brings very little excitement for me. Sad.

Comments

• DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Bad move. Leaving a job that will be secure for 5+ years to work for Seven Win Steve??? I get the homecoming thing, I do -- but this was really not a good idea for Tui.

For UW, I think it's kind of 'a nothing hire. Doesn't do much for me, and I loved Tui as a player. I am left wondering if Sark is going to continue to shore up his recruiting failures by pulling in assistants from other programs.
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    DeLarry said:

Bad move. Leaving a job that will be secure for 5+ years to work for Seven Win Steve??? I get the homecoming thing, I do -- but this was really not a good idea for Tui.

For UW, I think it's kind of 'a nothing hire. Doesn't do much for me, and I loved Tui as a player. I am left wondering if Sark is going to continue to shore up his recruiting failures by pulling in assistants from other programs.

Pay raise, better position, one step closer to being an OC. Yeah...terrible move by Tui.
  • nihilistdawgnihilistdawg Member Posts: 226
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    an OC that doenst get to call plays?
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

an OC that doenst get to call plays?

...closer to being an OC anywhere.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Guess it depends on what motivates you. Leaping onto the 7-6 wagon just doesn't seem like a whole lot of fun. Besides, Sark is (allegedly) in a must win situation in 2013. If the team disappoints, he and his staff could be gone anyway.

OK, that last part probably won't happen. 6 or more wins and he's back with a contract extension.
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    Great move for all reasons stated by ACSlater
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    vadawg said:

as our new QB coach?

He's an excellent recruiter, and Miles Jack has already stated that Tui is the main reason he chose UCLA so, hopefully we'll reap the benefits of a good recruiter. But can he coach? Does it matter at this point?

I've been informed that anyone can recruit at UCLA, so we cannot use those results as a barometer.

FAIL.