Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

You guys see this?

TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr

Explain again why people need guns? Ok with me if we just banned them outright

Wow....just wow.

Comments

• Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I did see that. Was hoping he was being absurd. But that would be above his intellectual capacity
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I love the "why do people need guns?" argument especially from an idiot like Softy.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Wasn't he a big fan of Ty when Ty said he needed more bullets?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    Founders Club
    Softy's ignorance speaks volumes. Does the fat fuck not know there are over 200 million firearms in private possession throughout the U.S.? Are we banning, confiscating and destroying all of those plus banning the sale of new ones?
  • Options
    Softy doesn't know what he meant....Is there a more reactionary guy in Seattle media? Nothing he said is ever well thought out. He wouldn't last long at Kim's site.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,825
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Guns will never be confiscated, but it would be nice if our policies reflected at least a little common sense...i.e. waiting periods, don't sell to violent felons (maybe that's the case in some states, IKD), crazy people etc. I know, I know, they'll find another way to get them, right? No other first world country has anywhere near our rate of per capita gun deaths per year. It's not going to stop until some actions are taken.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Felons can't buy guns exept through private sales or at a gun show. Both loopholes need to be closed.

There's a 5 day waiting period for handguns but that's it. I'd be perfectly OK with a similar waiting period for rifles.

Other than that, there's not much else that the national conversation about guns is going to accomplish that's either worth doing or doesn't infringe upon the 2nd Amendment.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Felons can't buy guns exept through private sales or at a gun show. Both loopholes need to be closed.

There's a 5 day waiting period for handguns but that's it. I'd be perfectly OK with a similar waiting period for rifles.

Other than that, there's not much else that the national conversation about guns is going to accomplish that's either worth doing or doesn't infringe upon the 2nd Amendment.

I like to pass laws banning felons from buying guns through "private sales"... That's what I like to do.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2012

Guns will never be confiscated, but it would be nice if our policies reflected at least a little common sense...i.e. waiting periods, don't sell to violent felons (maybe that's the case in some states, IKD), crazy people etc. I know, I know, they'll find another way to get them, right? No other first world country has anywhere near our rate of per capita gun deaths per year. It's not going to stop until some actions are taken.

If only we could get gun laws like Mexico. That would be auce. War on drugs and war on guns. Two unfunded wars on a credit card. Works for me.

Wait. I know. We should legalize all weapons and only sell them through state gun stores and tax the SHIT OUT OF THEM! That's sounds great. Win win. My work here is done. Let's hire people to put that on the ballot. I'm in for $25 bucks.
  • Options

If only we could get gun laws like Mexico. That would be auce. War on drugs and war on guns. Two unfunded wars on a credit card. Works for me.

Wait. I know. We should legalize all weapons and only sell them through state gun stores and tax the SHIT OUT OF THEM! That's sounds great. Win win. My work here is done. Let's hire people to put that on the ballot. I'm in for $25 bucks.

I sense sarkasm in ******'s post.

Seriously though, I'm for not giving the government another revenue source for them to exploit and mismanage.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Anybody talking about banning guns doesn't understand the issue. There are 8.5 guns for every 10 people in this country. You can't ban them out of existence. You can't confiscate them either. The logistics alone present more of a challenge than could reasonably be managed.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    Founders Club
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    Did any of you see Obama on MTP?
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,345
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Softy is a fool
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Take out the gun deaths from the big blue cities and the US gun death rate is equivalent to that of Western Europe. So, is the focus on getting illegal guns out of the hands of felons in Chicago? No, of course not. The focus is getting the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens in the red counties. Don't buy the lie. The US left/dems like the dazzler don't give a sh*t about gang bangers shooting up other gang bangers. They care about you and your guns. The dazzler hates Giuliani with a white hot hate. His policing policies saved thousands of NYC blacks and made NYC the safest big city in the US. Then came de Blasio and go figure what happened next.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2023

Take out the gun deaths from the big blue cities and the US gun death rate is equivalent to that of Western Europe. So, is the focus on getting illegal guns out of the hands of felons in Chicago? No, of course not. The focus is getting the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens in the red counties. Don't buy the lie. The US left/dems like the dazzler don't give a sh*t about gang bangers shooting up other gang bangers. They care about you and your guns. The dazzler hates Giuliani with a white hot hate. His policing policies saved thousands of NYC blacks and made NYC the safest big city in the US. Then came de Blasio and go figure what happened next.
    Those teens who opened fire in Bama that killed 4 and left 20 in the hospital did so AFTER the mother of the Birthday girl asked everyone with a gun to leave.

I hear law abiding gun owners are the problem.