Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Locker the next Stanback?

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Contrary to the news headlines of the day, I believe that racism in this country is far less prevalent than what is depicted in the MSM.

And you are way off. The shit that I've heard and that has been said around the country is mind blowing. One small example - I have an uncle that lives in Chelan. Well, a kid at a local elementary school got into trouble because he said his dad expressed a belief about what should happen to the ni__er Obama.

Several high schools in the south still have separate proms (rent the movie "Prom Night in Mississippi").

Two different friends of mine that attended the University of Virginia and Duke University talked about the "N" word being used frequently at parties when only whites are around.

If you don't think a lot of the messages being said by "conservative" commentators about Obama are thinly-veiled racist comments, then you're blind or you're not being honest. Comments like "take our country back," and "he's not one of us" are pretty obvious. There are plenty of websites you can access if you want more examples.

The last thing I will say is that a white man sitting in the state of Washington is in no position to judge racism in the rest of the United States.

My ex-wife grew up in Tennessee and went to a high school that had 2 proms. When she told me this, I called bullshit but she explained it that both sides, white and black wanted their own proms.

At least in my one example, it shows that are issues on both fucking sides of this.

So white people use the "N" word when blacks aren't around. And Trayvon Martin is the only black kid to use the term "cracker" or "cracka" and therefore it's not evidence that all races are biased in some form. No, it's only white people that are racists because some of them at 2 different universities used the "N" word.
    I'm hearing only whites can be racist because they have powers. Even though the definition of racism doesn't include that. That's just what I'm hearing.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Bush, Zimmerman, New Black Panther party. Do you have anything else that's not relevant to the discussion? Didn't you call for an honest discussion earlier in this thread? Is your idea of an honest discussion constantly throwing out things that have nothing to do with the topic?

The reason I asked for evidence (and would still like some that wasn't a bunch of studies from the 1980s) is because every number, every study, can be contradicted. For example a 2011 study showed that black teens were less likely to use drugs than white teens 39% to 32% http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1082219 This is odd considering the fact that a much higher percentage of blacks live in a single parent home compared to whites. The reason why is because there is no causation.

A higher percentage of crimes are committed by young men in poverty. A higher percentage of black men live in poverty. Blacks are arrested on drug charges at higher rates than whites even though they engage in drug offenses at similar rates. Perhaps you can explain how that's because of single parents and the lack of racism.

I know it makes sense in your head. Two parents > One parent. But making sense in your head doesn't make something so. You have to be able to prove things. And one shitty link to studies that are decades old does not do that.

What's your answer? Bullhorn screaming about Zimmerman?

So lets ignore the fact that there is a high correlation between broken families and kids in trouble because it might be whitey's fault. That gets votes and keeps the machine in place that keeps the cycle going and keeps people as victims and forever enslaved to the system.

Address the gang culture that glorifies violence. How? By encouraging a philosophy or reason. Value education. Value family. Value community. Value productive work. Or we can scream about whitey.

So you can't show causation?

We don't have to ignore the correlation. Promoting "family", whatever that means, is probably a good idea for everyone. But it doesn't make sense why you are so willing to ignore racism that affects minorities while making this a huge issue. Especially when single parent families are at an all time high and crime is the lowest it's been in decades. I suspect "value productive work" is a more telling statement for why you care so much than anything else.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Bush, Zimmerman, New Black Panther party. Do you have anything else that's not relevant to the discussion? Didn't you call for an honest discussion earlier in this thread? Is your idea of an honest discussion constantly throwing out things that have nothing to do with the topic?

The reason I asked for evidence (and would still like some that wasn't a bunch of studies from the 1980s) is because every number, every study, can be contradicted. For example a 2011 study showed that black teens were less likely to use drugs than white teens 39% to 32% http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1082219 This is odd considering the fact that a much higher percentage of blacks live in a single parent home compared to whites. The reason why is because there is no causation.

A higher percentage of crimes are committed by young men in poverty. A higher percentage of black men live in poverty. Blacks are arrested on drug charges at higher rates than whites even though they engage in drug offenses at similar rates. Perhaps you can explain how that's because of single parents and the lack of racism.

I know it makes sense in your head. Two parents > One parent. But making sense in your head doesn't make something so. You have to be able to prove things. And one shitty link to studies that are decades old does not do that.

So lets ignore the fact that there is a high correlation between broken families and kids in trouble because it might be whitey's fault. That gets votes and keeps the machine in place that keeps the cycle going and keeps people as victims and forever enslaved to the system.

Address the gang culture that glorifies violence. How? By encouraging a philosophy or reason. Value education. Value family. Value community. Value productive work. Or we can scream about whitey.

We don't have to ignore the correlation. Promoting "family", whatever that means, is probably a good idea for everyone. But it doesn't make sense why you are so willing to ignore racism that affects minorities while making this a huge issue. Especially when single parent families are at an all time high and crime is the lowest it's been in decades. I suspect "value productive work" is a more telling statement for why you care so much than anything else.
    So if its racism, please show causation.

I'm hearing crime rates are lower because we took lead out of gas.

Yes, racism exist in the world. Some people like you might see it as a reason, other see it as an excuse.

Fact is cultures such as Asian have more intact families, emphasize education, work, and they seem to do well in society. And yes, Asians have been discriminated against in this country and the world.

You can get on the bullhorn and blame others, or you can get busy fixing the issues.

• Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    my God, this thread is fucktarded. WTF does this doing on a football bored?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dick_B said:

my God, this thread is fucktarded. WTF does this doing on a football bored?

Good point. Mods?

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    CoogBJ (tl;dr water is wet version) approves of the last couple of poasts.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Yes, racism exist in the world. Some people like you might see it as a reason, other see it as an excuse.

Fact is cultures such as Asian have more intact families, emphasize education, work, and they seem to do well in society. And yes, Asians have been discriminated against in this country and the world.

You can get on the bullhorn and blame others, or you can get busy fixing the issues.

Causality is not something we look for in race.

Asians in America present the specific problem of biased sampling. You need to understand social mobility and who exactly immigrates from Asian countries to America. A bunch of middle and upper class asians come to America and have middle to upper class children. Shocker.

The problem is you're only looking at the surface of the issues. Asians are more successful, lets be like asians. It's much more complicated than that.

And honestly, I listen to Carollas podcast and he's very funny but he's a simpleton. His points are never researched and not well thought out. Stop getting all your political ideas from him. I know it sounds good when he says it. He's great at connecting dot a to dot b but there are many more dots to the picture.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When is this cuntfest gonna end? Mods, can you please delete this thread?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,059
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Al Sharpton has gotten rich (and a 35 year old bimbo) from this.
    Founders Club

When is this cuntfest gonna end? Mods, can you please delete this thread?

When Damone and TheButtPlugger take this to Unleashed where it belongs. Citrus anyone?

Swaye's Wigwam

Asians in America present the specific problem of biased sampling. You need to understand social mobility and who exactly immigrates from Asian countries to America. A bunch of middle and upper class asians come to America and have middle to upper class children. Shocker.

The problem is you're only looking at the surface of the issues. Asians are more successful, lets be like asians. It's much more complicated than that.

And honestly, I listen to Carollas podcast and he's very funny but he's a simpleton. His points are never researched and not well thought out. Stop getting all your political ideas from him. I know it sounds good when he says it. He's great at connecting dot a to dot b but there are many more dots to the picture.
    So you have no answers. Awesome.

But at least you do admit the black community as a cultural problem. That's a start I guess.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

So you have no answers. Awesome.

But at least you do admit the black community as a cultural problem. That's a start I guess.

You're sounding like a typical libtarted career politician. "It's more complicated than that". Well, how about we give promoting families a try and see if that helps. What's the down side? The down side is those that keep power be enslaving a whole class of people to the government would be out of power.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like Damone is speeding down the 5 doing coke off a hookers ass awfully early today
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Looks like Damone is speeding down the 5 doing coke off a hookers ass awfully early today

Actually, it's late. Pushing though.

Founders Club

He's Pat Hill TUFF.