Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

One lackluster recruiting projection.

2»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Remember, Kim says that this year will be a top 10 recruiting class even though he only expects us to take 16 guys. I believe this is close to a statistical impossibility since we have already taken 4 mid-level 3 star guys.

Romar math?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013

Remember, Kim says that this year will be a top 10 recruiting class even though he only expects us to take 16 guys. I believe this is close to a statistical impossibility since we have already taken 4 mid-level 3 star guys.

Yes, but top 10 of what? Pac 12? This is classic Kimmy 101. Just watch, UW finishes 7th in the Pac 12, and Kim will go with the "See top 10 in the Pac 12" garbage.

Or he'll just say it is top 10 in the country, because those recruiting sites really don't know anything and don't take into account "potential" of diamond in the rough good character guys. Even though his own Marxist website will have a mediocre grade for the Husky class.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Everyone on this board already knows how stupid Kim is, but saying we will take 16 is retarded. Someone on dawgman pointed out we have 12 seniors plus ASJ, there is 13. I could name at least another 10 guys that I would say have a 50/50 chance at making it to next year. We have a lot of dead weight from our first few recruiting classes. Not all of them will become attrition, but some of them will. Then, there is the incoming freshmen. At least 2 or 3 of those guys will get homesick, fail classes, or become discouraged and quit when they are 4th on the depth chart. It happens every year. This moron really thinks only 3 guys will retire early, get suddenly seniored, quit, flunk out, etc?

It's not anything new, but it drives me crazy that a fucking idiot like Kim runs the biggest UW football website. He never has any fucking clue about anything. We will take at least 20.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Kim will just say his usual bull shit line. "Look guys I was just reporting what I was hearing. I was hearing UW was going to get a top 10 class. Why do you guys never come on here and tell me about all the times I've been right? You might want to take a step back from the key board for a while. "
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Also, UW won't be taking a QB this year.

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    also RB depth is contingent on a guy who has blown out 3 ACLs in 2.5 years
    Meek said:

I don't think it's been brought up but what is UW going to do in 2014 if Sankey declares after this year?

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

I don't think it's been brought up but what is UW going to do in 2014 if Sankey declares after this year?

Declares what? His major? He isn't going to the NFL early, and likely never.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Dwayne Washington, Lavon Coleman, Ryan McDaniel and Deontae Cooper (maybe) will be the backups this year. You also still have Jesse Callier. They'll take one or two guys this year as well. Running back is a position where you can usually tell right away how good someone is going to be. If they suck as a freshman, they probably won't be that good (case in point: Dezden Petty and Eric Wilson from last year)

Meek said:

He's an RB with good speed and had a good year last year. If he does it again I can see him bolting.

As an RB if you have the chance to leave I would since you have a short shelf life. Why I was surprised Polk came back after 2010.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

He's an RB with good speed and had a good year last year. If he does it again I can see him bolting.

As an RB if you have the chance to leave I would since you have a short shelf life. Why I was surprised Polk came back after 2010.
    Plus he needs to take care of his family.

Sankey won't be in the NFL in any meaningful way. Take a screen shot and throw it in my face if he does. But he won't.
  • TMacDawgTMacDawg Member Posts: 161
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    In my opinion, you is not the University of Washington is good. You is not Help program. You is not help the university. You are completely self-serving and flashy, selfishness's asshole.

Meek said:

Plus he needs to take care of his family.

Sankey won't be in the NFL in any meaningful way. Take a screen shot and throw it in my face if he does. But he won't.
    Oh I don't think he will be either and I hope it's not coming across that I am. I think players leave for all sorts of various reasons and if you are an RB projected to be drafted I'd leave.

I would mention the need to take care of his family but Passion would probably find that comment to be racist.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    TMacDawg said:

In my opinion, you is not the University of Washington is good. You is not Help program. You is not help the university. You are completely self-serving and flashy, selfishness's asshole.

Please to be sharing the backstory on this gem

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited July 2013

TMacDawg said:

Since you're too lazy to use the site's search function:
    http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/12189/

(and fuck Derek for not allowing the link above to be disguised citrus)
  • TMacDawgTMacDawg Member Posts: 161
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TMacDawg said:

Since you're too lazy to use the site's search function:
    http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/12189/

(and fuck Derek for not allowing the link above to be disguised citrus)

I'm getting tired of your hatred and negative, with under the bus car and throwing people. Frankly ground say that, ethnicity, I am very, very happy, I do not know thee. I am glad, I do not lead to what seems to be this a pathetic's life is facing looking for in various circumstances of the negative. You need to go to find smiling.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Sorry, but Passion used the 0-12 excuse without being told to DIAFF.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    You need to go to find smiling.