Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How Kim Grinolds can start repairing Dawgman.com's tattered credibility

13»

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,553
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

jecornel said:

Sark has integrity issues, because he is a fraud. His line of being a father 105 players is the biggest bunch of shit I have ever heard him spew. I know of actions by him that make it clear he really doesn't care. Unless you were Jake.

Oh and the "hot ticket" line almost just almost trumps turner's "half brain." Turners half brain comment should be put into the husky hall of fame.

The line that should go into the HOF for Sark is "house money." I would have fired him on the spot for that.

AZduck....no question. How could I forget that beauty.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

AZDuck said:

jecornel said:

Sark has integrity issues, because he is a fraud. His line of being a father 105 players is the biggest bunch of shit I have ever heard him spew. I know of actions by him that make it clear he really doesn't care. Unless you were Jake.

Oh and the "hot ticket" line almost just almost trumps turner's "half brain." Turners half brain comment should be put into the husky hall of fame.

The line that should go into the HOF for Sark is "house money." I would have fired him on the spot for that.

And yet the Seattle media never made mention of it at all! (If I'm wrong about that someone please correct me).
    I'm stunned that isn't brought up more. It was a defining moment for his tenure. UW bounces back from an ugly loss to Stanford and beats Arizona to go 6-2. With two big games coming up against Oregon then USC then two winnable games after that it was looking like Sark was turning the corner.

This was year three and then he drops the "House money" line. Basically told the players, the fans and everyone that there is no point in winning anymore cause we achieved our goal of going to a bowl game. The team responds with back to back ass kickings to Oregon and USC. Then gets drilled by a 2 win Oregon State team. That team ends the year losing four of their last five games all by double digits.

A bigger point was that Sark's goal or the people above him goal isn't to go to a Rose Bowl. As long as he makes Bowl games his job is safe. That's what that quote told me.

That was his "Suddenly senior" moment that revisionist history will bring up quite a bit when he's fired.
    I really don't follow the team anymore. I only watched a few games last season. I have to admit that I didn't realize Sark was the one that said house money. I just assumed it was one of the clowns on Dawgman. I never would have guessed Sark actually said that because a coach, even a terrible one, would never ever say that. That's ridiculous. I'm like stunned.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

jecornel said:

And yet the Seattle media never made mention of it at all! (If I'm wrong about that someone please correct me).
    I'm stunned that isn't brought up more. It was a defining moment for his tenure. UW bounces back from an ugly loss to Stanford and beats Arizona to go 6-2. With two big games coming up against Oregon then USC then two winnable games after that it was looking like Sark was turning the corner.

This was year three and then he drops the "House money" line. Basically told the players, the fans and everyone that there is no point in winning anymore cause we achieved our goal of going to a bowl game. The team responds with back to back ass kickings to Oregon and USC. Then gets drilled by a 2 win Oregon State team. That team ends the year losing four of their last five games all by double digits.

A bigger point was that Sark's goal or the people above him goal isn't to go to a Rose Bowl. As long as he makes Bowl games his job is safe. That's what that quote told me.

That was his "Suddenly senior" moment that revisionist history will bring up quite a bit when he's fired.
    I really don't follow the team anymore. I only watched a few games last season. I have to admit that I didn't realize Sark was the one that said house money. I just assumed it was one of the clowns on Dawgman. I never would have guessed Sark actually said that because a coach, even a terrible one, would never ever say that. That's ridiculous. I'm like stunned.

heraldnet.com/article/20111101/sports/711019963
  • Options
    Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tailgater said:

1. Show some humility
    2. Show some humility
    3. Show some humility

Derek, could you be missing the point of Kim Grinald's What I'm Hearing agenda? The basis for KG's What I'm Hearing along with the radio programs and current flavor of content in his Sports Washington magazine have for some time now led me to believe that it has less to do with obsessions such as what's happening to Oregon as it does with a concerted effort by the Dm.c staff to get absolute control of their product. Could What I'm Hearing just as well be What I'm Saying is what you Dm.c customer must accept on my message boards or else take a hike and good riddance?
    You're crediting Kim and his crew with far more cunning than they possess.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Kim just needs everyday to be free Vanilla Latte Day at Starbucks. He then can spread good will by giving a free banana to every "blonde" that comes to the register.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Kim just needs everyday to be free Vanilla Latte Day at Starbucks. He then can spread good will by giving a free banana to every "blonde" that comes to the register.

I'm hearing he's going to get in trouble.