Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jermichael Finley to Seahawks?

Comments

• Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1
    Is Ian Rappaport @sportboner? If not, I don't believe it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good move. Finley and Willson should give us some more production at TE. McCoy's decent too, but he's coming off injury. Maybe a late round pick can add us another TE.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Finley will be this years Bennett in that this should be a "play for a big contract" contract.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited March 2014
    Not a fan but if the deal is extremely low risk, fine.
    If we do land Finley it better not effect the attempt to get Allen
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Finley is a monster if healthy.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Finley is a monster if healthy.
    is there a bigger if in football though.
    it's double neck fusion man
    Plus he drops a lot of passes.
    If everything is right with Finley though he is an elite pass catching TE, huge if though
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Finley will be this years Bennett in that this should be a "play for a big contract" contract.

Finley is a great receiving TE but doesn't block at all. He drop some passes but is uncoverable from the LOS. Confusing move by the Hawks though. Unless they are changing their Offense or just plan on lining him up in the slot?
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Finley is a great receiving TE but doesn't block at all. He drop some passes but is uncoverable from the LOS. Confusing move by the Hawks though. Unless they are changing their Offense or just plan on lining him up in the slot?
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves, they haven't signed the guy to anything yet.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2014

salemcoog said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, they haven't signed the guy to anything yet. LIFPO
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    Standard Supporter
    Finley easily the most overrated TE possibly of all time. If you watched him the last few years his hand have been god awful with the accurate QB in the league throwing to him.
    He is fucking terrible. He has had a few monster games in his career, but has never come close to his potential.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    According to PFF, Finley's drop rate in 2012 (when he played a full year) was 12%, which was actually better than Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez and maybe 1 drop worse than Gronk. He doesn't have the greatest hands but his reputation is way overblown.

He probably would line up as a WR and would give the team a sorely needed redzone threat, probably for extremely cheap.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    Standard Supporter
    Don't buy the drop rate..watched for years should be the be te in the league...he is wildly overrated...he will prove it again as a sea hawk unfortunately
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jecornel said:

Finley easily the most overrated TE possibly of all time. If you watched him the last few years his hand have been god awful with the accurate QB in the league throwing to him.
    He is fucking terrible. He has had a few monster games in his career, but has never come close to his potential.

This times 1000. He is loaded with potential and has never even come close to reaching it. Pair that with coming off a potential career ending injury I'm not liking it so much, he's also a whiner if he doesn't get the ball.
    If they want him to play a specific role as a seam stretcher and a red zone target and he is willing to accept it, fine. But I'm not sacrificing miller for finley
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014
    dhdawg said:

jecornel said:

This times 1000. He is loaded with potential and has never even come close to reaching it. Pair that with coming off a potential career ending injury I'm not liking it so much, he's also a whiner if he doesn't get the ball.
    If they want him to play a specific role as a seam stretcher and a red zone target and he is willing to accept it, fine. But I'm not sacrificing miller for finley
    Zach Miller has a 7 million cap hit. You can't justify paying him 7 million. I also think he is overrated by some. He kind of gets the Cody Bruns treatment. He's a white guy that works hard, blocks well, has great hands, and is a great guy in the locker room. All of that might be true to an extent, but he is also really slow and the most balls he has caught as a Seahawk was 38 in 2012. Pro Football Focus doesn't grade him very high as a blocker either. He's about league average. He's a lower tier starting TE with a Pro Bowlers contract.

Finley at 2-3 million > Miller at 7. When I've watched Green Bay, Finley always looked like a good player to me. I've read that he is a head case, but that shit won't fly in Seattle. We can get another TE who is primarily a blocker if Finley and/or Willson can't cut it in the running game. More production in the passing game out of our TE's would be nice.

• Options
    PFF is not gospel like many think it is.
    I do agree however a 7 million cap hit is too much. But if we're going to give up our #1 TE I'd rather it be for someone more reliable unless they feel Wilson is ready