Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

49'ers Sign Antoine Bethea

SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
4 years, $26 million. Wtf? That's pretty much what Whitner got. Bethea is almost like the Whitner of the AFC (except on a much shittier defense), a SS who plays up in the box and sucks in coverage. He's also older and Whitner was far better this past season.

This seems like a pretty bad move by Baalke. Colts fans are laughing over this deal, which is a pretty good sign it sucks.

Comments

• SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
    Jacksonville traded QB Blaine Gabbert to SF for a 6th round pick, per sources.

LOL
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    belly laughs from the media room of The Indianapolis Star?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
    Jacksonville traded QB Blaine Gabbert to SF for a 6th round pick, per sources.

LOL

Best tweet I've seen:

@ChrisBurke_SI: The 49ers just tossed a draft pick at the Jaguars like you would flip a quarter to a panhandler.

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'll one up you
    Peter King‏@SI_PeterKing·46m
    Jax GM David Caldwell takes early lead for Exec of Year, getting a 6 for Blaine Gabbert.
    Collapse
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Glad to see Gabbert is the first of the Locker, Gabbert, Ponder trio to hold a clipboard.

It's the doog in me, but I really think under the new staff Locker has a chance to be utilized correctly. Then again, as soon as it starts to 'click' for Locker, he'll pull his asshole muscle handing the ball off on a fly sweep and be out for the year.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

4 years, $26 million. Wtf? That's pretty much what Whitner got. Bethea is almost like the Whitner of the AFC (except on a much shittier defense), a SS who plays up in the box and sucks in coverage. He's also older and Whitner was far better this past season.

This seems like a pretty bad move by Baalke. Colts fans are laughing over this deal, which is a pretty good sign it sucks.

I won't compare Whitner to Bethea since I don't know enough about Bethea but listening to NFL radio, he supposedly has better coverage skills. Whitner was great in run support but in my opinion cost the 49ers the NFC Championship by being out of place for the Kearse TD and was never near the deep ball in the Super Bowl loss to Baltimore.

#myniners
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Doogles said:

Glad to see Gabbert is the first of the Locker, Gabbert, Ponder trio to hold a clipboard.

It's the doog in me, but I really think under the new staff Locker has a chance to be utilized correctly. Then again, as soon as it starts to 'click' for Locker, he'll pull his asshole muscle handing the ball off on a fly sweep and be out for the year.

We are entering year 8 of waiting for it to 'click' for Locker.