Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who thinks this is the last straw for Sark? (I do not)

BigDawg90BigDawg90 Member Posts: 0
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I have heard many people calling for Sark's job in the last month especially if we lose the bowl game...which we just did. Believe it or not, it does take time to rebuild a program.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't care if its the last straw for sark, buts that's it for me. Not renewing next year. 26 years as a tyee is over. In tired. I did my part. The UW didn't do theirs. . I'm sad because I love college football, but I can't do it anymore. The huskies haven't been the same since crawley choked to death on a ham sandwich anyway. Later guys. I know... Awesome... Better seats for some other sucker.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sark "rebuilt the program" in 2009. He's been treading water in the land of mediocrity ever since. How many more 7-6 seasons do you need to see?
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2013 will be special, ******! You're going to regret this when I get the opportunity to overpay for your seats.
  • section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At this point 8 wins could be special
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Will he be fired? I really doubt it. He has about an eight year pass because of 0 and 12!!! Should he be? Well, if they get the right coach to replace him, I'd have no problem with it. I'll put it that way. That's a big if though. I don't have a lot of faith that these jokers can find the right coach.
  • section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Woodwards goal seems to be winning just enough to fill the stands and get to lower tier bowl games. A better coach would have win 9 games this year.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,717
    Founders Club
    No, I have no doubt that Woodward wants to win a Rose Bowl. But he made the foolish move to hire a coach with no prior head coaching experience, and we're all seeing the results and paying the price.
  • purplehazepurplehaze Member Posts: 20
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    It also helps if he is not a young guy, who feels obliged to hire a staff even younger than himself, so that they feel they have to respect him. We ended up with one of the most inexperienced coaching staffs around.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,411
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Not only did Sark not have any head coaching experience but he had almost zero experience outside of USC and Pete Carroll.

And the man who hired him had no AD experience, so there ya go! Sark is a talker. I've never in my life seen a HC love to hear himself talk so much, especially to the media. Most HCs avoid the media like the plague, not Sark. What I'm getting @ is he used his gift of gab to land this plum job. He sold Woodward a bill of goods in his interview(s), blew him away, and here we are. Sark was in no way, shape, or form qualified to be the HC of UW... and @ $2+ mill a year? No fucking way.

Let's put this into perspective. UW, one of the wealthiest, most successful universities on the West Coast, hired an AD, with no prior athletic dept. experience, to oversee not only rebuilding the football program, but renovating Husky Stadium to the tune of $250 mill. Consequently, Woodward hires a HC, who is as equally unqualified as he is @ his own AD job, to help rebuild a winless football program. Sounds like a recipe for success to me!

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065
    At one point, and I'm not sure this is still the case, Woodward was the only AD in the Pac-10/12 who had no prior collegiate athletic administration experience prior to his appointment. That said, I still think he "gets it" and understands the relevance of the football program (Hedges went with the balanced approach, Turner was a dumbass and Emmert was a fraud).

Sark has been trending the absolute wrong way for over a year and living off the Holiday Bowl win over Nebraska in 2010. The worst thing for this program, next season, would be to win 8 games. It would be the first time in over a decade, but not nearly what will have been expected going into the year. 7-5 has to get him fired, otherwise we are Cal, but Grinolds/Fetters/Ecklund will find every reason to prop him up and explain why 7 wins is the new 12 wins.

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,411
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2012
    I'm interested to see how new UW pres. Michael Young plays into all of this. As far as I've heard, he seems to think he's already retired and is just coasting in his new job. If he's asleep @ the wheel, then UW is royally fuct.
    Founders Club
    pointless bump
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sark just needs more tim.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    0 posts? Like I may not be the best ever at math but that doesn't seem right to me...
    Founders Club
    DeLarry said:

2013 will be special, ******! You're going to regret this when I get the opportunity to overpay for your seats.

@DeLarry Hardy har har
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

pointless bump

Thanks Taft!