Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jared Allen Visited

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
DHDawg is crossing his fingers. I would love Allen, but I don't see it happening unless he sacrifices a few million for a shot at a Super Bowl.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2014/03/16/report-jared-allen-visited-seahawks/

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I think it is pretty obvious that since they haven't been able to close the deal on Finley or Melton that they are throwing their "come win a Super Bowl then make a shitload of money" pitch. Smart because they really can't afford any of these guys for a long term deal. ET is about to be the highest payed Safety, Sherman is about to be the highest payed Cornerback, and RW is going to make close to 20 million a year unless PC and JS can convince him to take less to keep a great team around him.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've given up. He's clearly asking for Demarcus ware money. And I would definitely not do that.
    The hawks should maybe just focus on earl And sherm at this point
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Some report came out that we only offered Allen a one year, $4 million contract. No way he would come here on that, especially when people like John ElwayFS offered him $10 million earlier.
    The twattersphere is claiming Allen is visiting Seattle again tonight, so maybe he's close to signing.
    yep, ed werder just tweeted it.
    You can structure the deal so you can out from under it rather easily, say after 1 year. They have cap space, might as well use it while Wilson is still on a bargain basement deal, and Sherman can still be franchised. Earl can still be extended even if they sign him to 3 years 24 million but only guarantee the 1st year
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

yep, ed werder just tweeted it.
    You can structure the deal so you can out from under it rather easily, say after 1 year. They have cap space, might as well use it while Wilson is still on a bargain basement deal, and Sherman can still be franchised. Earl can still be extended even if they sign him to 3 years 24 million but only guarantee the 1st year

Isn't the cap space rolloverable? Is it possible they bank $5M or so from this year's cap towards next year's in anticipation of the Thomas/Sherman deals?

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Seahawks&Year=2014
    I believe so but is it really neccesary to roll over 15 mil. A jared allen contract and the deals for draft picks gets them down to 5, and if they cut farwell and Carpenter that saves another 3.
    They can get an allen deal done and still be able to roll over cap space for next year, even though I think the Thomas deal gets done in training camp.
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 41s
    And @Edwerderespn reports Jared Allen has reached agreement with Seahawks.

I'm under the belief that Allen is a significant upgrade over a healthy Clemons. That is pretty huge. Despite losing Red/Clemons/McDonald, if even one of the young guys produce next year the D-line is probably even better than it was last year.

I'm under the belief that Allen is a significant upgrade over a healthy Clemons. That is pretty huge. Despite losing Red/Clemons/McDonald, if even one of the young guys produce next year the D-line is probably even better than it was last year.

DT is still a slight concern, but I agree DE has been upgraded for sure.

Most importantly, if Allen signed with us, he did it to win a title. He's going to be playing with a pretty sizable chip on his shoulder.

Vikings West!

dnc said:

Most importantly, if Allen signed with us, he did it to win a title. He's going to be playing with a pretty sizable chip on his shoulder.

Vikings West!

I'm guessing McDaniel gets more playing time than he did last year. Jordan Hill looked like a decent pass rushing DT before he got hurt and might be able to do what McDonald did. If one of the big DT's falls into the Seahawks lap during the draft they might decide to take him as well, which would be terrifying. I'd imagine they look at a WR or tackle before that though.

dnc said:

Vikings West!

I'm guessing McDaniel gets more playing time than he did last year. Jordan Hill looked like a decent pass rushing DT before he got hurt and might be able to do what McDonald did. If one of the big DT's falls into the Seahawks lap during the draft they might decide to take him as well, which would be terrifying. I'd imagine they look at a WR or tackle before that though.
    If Jessie Williams can get healthy he could be a great rotational piece. Hill's another solid bet to contribute. You're probably right about DT spot.

OL is definitely my biggest concern. Guess they added Stephen Shilling, not sure we want him to see the field though.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Vikings West!

If Jessie Williams can get healthy he could be a great rotational piece. Hill's another solid bet to contribute. You're probably right about DT spot.

OL is definitely my biggest concern. Guess they added Stephen Shilling, not sure we want him to see the field though.
    Williams is still a huge ??? He has barely practiced and hasn't played a snap.

dnc said:

dnc said:

Vikings West!

Williams is still a huge ??? He has barely practiced and hasn't played a snap.
    Agreed. That's why I said the position is still a concern. If Williams was guaranteed to contribute I wouldn't be worried about DT at all. Mebane, McDaniel and a healthy Williams with Hill as depth would be a great set of DT's.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Vikings West!

I'm with you on DT being a question mark still. I think Hill is the key, he's a better bet to contribute over Jesse Williams. They might go DT in the draft in round 2 or 4.